password issue
Posted by: mikekay (---.bluarc.ca)
Date: May 29, 2009 09:03PM

Greetings. New to this program and forum so I'm just getting started. Please forgive my ignorance. I'm using Mysql and changed the root password from the command prompt. I thought this would be a good thing to do.... When I try to launch PHPWEBAdmin I now get the following error message:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I do not know what file to edit or where it is in order to fix this issue.

Your help most appreciated.

PS - Awesome package. Once I get everything up and running I will make a donation.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: password issue
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 29, 2009 09:15PM

phpwebadmin?

did u install this yourself? your going to need to find the configuration file for this package and add the password

wamp comes with phpmyadmin... you shud use it.. the config file is in c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

$cfg['password'] ='';

add the password here

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: May 29, 2009 09:33PM

Thanks Steven - that did it.

This system is being used for Bugzilla. All the instructions for install and configuration are at the command line level - so that's what I've been doing. I will spend time with PHPWEBAdmin interface and learn it better. In the mean time I ahve to get this server up and running so on we go.

error message on home page
Date: May 29, 2009 09:52PM

This error shows up on the PHPWEBAdmin page. How can I go about fixing it - or should I not be worried?

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.33. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 29, 2009 10:00PM

no its just a bug in php.. no issues or unpredictable behaviour

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.