Apache2.2.11 wont add itself to the.......
Posted by: dannjr (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: February 26, 2009 08:41AM

I added a comment on this before.. its not a rush but
Apache2.2.11 when I install it to the wamp manager on the install its not being added to the wampmanager.ini
Ive tried installing it differant ways
Im happy using Apache2.2.10 but was after other fixes in Apache2.2.11

The Wampserver.conf file wouldnt add itself to the Apache2.2.11 folder as well.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache2.2.11 wont add itself to the.......
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2009 01:13PM

you might have corrupted installer, so download another here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 26, 2009 06:01PM

That gets the Full install of WampServer 2.0f where I'm having a issue with the install of Apache 2.2.11 from the Addons page.

I had other issue with the install of MySQL 5.1.30 which I'm staying away from till one of our DB's is upgraded by the DEV and already fixed a error with php5.2.8 apache 2.2.10 and MySQL 5.0.51b with repairing the libmySQL.dll file and all works happy that way.. Was hoping to do the Addon for Apache..

If you feel doing the full install of WampServer 2.0f wont mess up the rest of the install I'll give it a shot.
We are using wampserver as a production server with a lot of our own fixes so that everything is as secure as possible.. I think you can understand why I'm a little concerned with loosing our currant settings by doing the full install of WampServer 2.0f..

I can appreciate what the DEV's go threw to keep things up to date but something was missed that I cant put my finger on and was also thinking about adding the info to the wampmanager.ini myself till but that might be counter productive esp if this was a bug in the currant addon..

Let me know what you think about doing the full installer of WampServer 2.0f..
Not sure it might just have something to do with the letter f..... ;D

Thanks for the quick response and all the help you do around here..

Posted by: dannjr (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 26, 2009 07:04PM

I went ahead and downloaded the version from your site.
Installed it on our test server.. (Win2k) and it started up ok. but then I went to the Apache version of the wampmanager from the task bar and it wont show the version of apache 2.2.11
It shows up fine for MySQL and PHP.
I did a default install on the test server (never had Apache on it)
I went to the c:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.11 and no wampapache.conf file was there
I went into the wampserverver.ini and it posted the apache2.2.11 info in there
I also chked the C:/wamp/wampmanager.conf and Apache was listed there.

At this point I would have to say this might be a bug in that installer.

I also tried the installer from here and got the same results.

All the installs were done with the AV disabled and other programs that might interfere stopped or disabled.
Our Test server is Win 2k sp4 and our production server is Win2003
Again the Test server is installed to C:\wamp
our production is on our RAID 5 drive assigned to drive E:
Our production server is mirrored to another RAID 5 and both have a email server installed as well
We've been using WampServer since Apache version 2.2.6...
Apache 2.2.8 was great and the Version we're on now of 2.2.10 seems to work fast and stable at this point
My concern about upgrading to 2.2.11 was some items about updates that Apache ad done that might make 2.2.11 more stable then the past 3 versions.
We use Firefox as our default browser if that makes any difference and I run IIS only as help to offload memory in Windows on the production servers. We do not port IIS or use it to serve any pages.
We always shut down other programs that might interfere when doing updates to other programs like Wamp..
All the Addons installed flawless till this addon and full install. With that small exception of the libmysql.dll and that was simple enough to fix..
OHH we did upgrade the phpmyadmin to 3.1.1 without any problems..

Thank you again

Date: February 26, 2009 08:25PM

This turns out and I have not fully tested this yet. But I'm not gonna hold my breath..

I copied the Wampserver.conf file from Apache2.2.10 to Apache2.2.11.
I stopped all services and forced Wampserver off line
Then right clicked on wampserver tray and hit exit
Went to programs Wampserver and started wampserver.
I put it all back online and 2.2.11 finally shows up from the Tray.
I also noticed that it inserted the 2.2.11 in the ini file which 5 installs before it didnt.

5 attemps was a charm the first 4 attmps with 4 differant downloads did not insert the 2.2.11 info into the wampmanager.ini file

I would have assumed that the wampserver.conf file would have been inserted into Apache2.2.11 on the install either from the addon or a import from the older version.. Only because the installer shuts down Wamp and restarts it from the installer..

I hope this info helped and thank you again yfastud and the DEVs for all the hard work.
You have no idea how much time the program installer and upgrade/addons save me Well you do others that have never.... what I call RAW install of each program...... Well lets just say..... Thanks

Date: February 27, 2009 06:51AM

Got Apache2.2.11 running and refuse to use MySQL 5.1.30 and thats MySQL's fault. They really made a mess of a good DB engine. I wont go into it here right now but if anyone has a problem with 5.1.30 upgrade to 5.0.51b.. But what the heck I guess I'll spend some time on the MySQL site looking around

Posted by: aldwin (---.109-246-81.adsl-static.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: March 06, 2009 04:31PM

I can confirm this. Copy wampserver.conf from an older version (mine was 2.2.8) to Apache2.2.11 directory, restart services and wampserver and you can select the new version without problems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.