Accessing MySQL Monitor via Command Prompt (ERROR 1045)
Posted by: InstantZen (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 04, 2009 04:51AM

I have just recently installed Wampserver2 on a small laptop running Windows XP, Home edition, Version 2002,
Service Pack 3.
I am planning to work my way through some tutorials designed to help you learn to create Web Database Applications. Although, not too far into them, I have come across a problem.
I am at a point where I have to access the MySQL Monitor by running the mysql.exe file via Command Prompt.
At the prompt I have typed...

C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.30\bin\mysql

only to recieve this message...

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@localhost (usingpassword: NO)

Without unintentionally stating the obvious, this is not the desired result of the excercise in the tutorial.

I'm guessing that the mysql.exe file at the end of the path I type in the Command Prompt screen is the same as the MySQL console icon that I can access by left clicking the wampserver icon in the taskbar.

When I open the console I'm asked for a password (I have no password set), I press enter and see the MySQL Monitor exactley as described in the tutorial.

Am I doing something wrong at the Command Prompt stage?

The Laptop I'm using was bought second hand and the Command Prompt reads on opening...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\beaver>_

Could this be the problem?

I know I could carry on just using the MySQL console button, but I'd like to try and stay on top of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accessing MySQL Monitor via Command Prompt (ERROR 1045)
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 04, 2009 01:38PM

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.