WampServer 2: New install, "schema can't be loaded"
Posted by: Rachel_Garrett (---.dpn.deere.com)
Date: March 01, 2009 03:51AM

Hi, I'm trying to install WampServer 2, haven't used earlier versions. Downloading and running the .exe file from this site went fine. But when I start WampServer and go to [localhost], I get an internal server error.

I tried selecting explorer.exe and iexplore.exe as the default browser; didn't make a difference.

Of course I rebooted, refreshed, etc.

Any ideas on how to get around this? Or where I can go download an earlier version of WampServer? I searched SourceForge, but there are multiple version, and I'm not sure which to select.

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
(0x800CC810)
The schema information could not be loaded. A required key or property is missing from the metabase.
/localstart.asp, line 40

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; MS-RTC LM 8; InfoPath.1)

Page:
GET /localstart.asp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer 2: New install, "schema can't be loaded"
Posted by: Rachel_Garrett (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: March 01, 2009 07:17AM

Ehhh....maybe had something to do with the fact that I already had IIS running. Oops.

Getting a "page cannot be found" message now. This is more normal behavior. I'll keep trying.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 01, 2009 08:39AM

what colour is your wamp icon?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2009 12:42AM

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and make sure you have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 02, 2009 02:15AM

It was white. It's working now.

Date: March 02, 2009 02:16AM

Thanks, I use iisreset /stop on the command line, because I still do need IIS enabled from time to time. I'm up and running now!

Posted by: PJkinann (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2009 02:53AM

<<<<Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and make sure you have only this line and nothing else 127.0.0.1 localhost >>

Hello, I've been reading this post as I had posted in another thread that I couldn't see the phpadmin page when opening wamp.

I made a couple changes, rebooted the system, and them Wamp wouldn't start.

Then I found your thread.

I went to IIS to disable it, but it was already disabled. I then went ahead and put a check IN the box just to see what changes I would see in Wamp.

I rebooted, Wamp actually started!

But NOW I get a "page cannot be found" error message.

Then I followed (your quote about about 127.0.0.1 locahost) and when I go to drivers > etc > I have 4 files in the etc folder: hosts, Imhosts, networks, protocol, services.

Where are you finding that I should have ONLY 127.0.0.1 localhost? I'm not seeing that anywhere, and I still cannot view the phpadmin page in Wamp.

Posted by: PJkinann (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2009 02:55AM

I have Wamp running on a PC desktop with no problem and can view the phpadmin page, but for some reason it is not working on my laptop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.