icybox nas4220-b
Posted by: menorcarob (---.140.133.3.static.user.ono.com)
Date: February 28, 2009 06:25PM

hi

i have just bought one of these nas drives, and it is quite neat and silent running i have two 500gb hitachi drives, it works ok but i dont understand it all, i wanted a drive so that i could have it connect to the network, and it would be a server so i could test my web pages localy, also i wanted to store and run my data from this drive, and have the facilty to to run RAID, i installed the wamp2 server,but i cannot get the apache server to start, can some one please tell me what i am doing wrong.

thanks
robin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: icybox nas4220-b
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2009 02:54AM

only certain nas drives like mine can do it, and most people has problem w/ most other nas drive :-(
[jlbn.net]
[forum.wampserver.com]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: menorcarob (---.140.133.3.static.user.ono.com)
Date: March 01, 2009 10:48AM

thanks

what can i do then, can i install mysql and phpmyadmin, what box do you have and what makes it so different, the icybox seems to say that it will everything, your comments would be appreciacted as would your suggestions on how to solve the problem.

thanks
robin

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2009 12:44AM

Unlike most NAS drives, the NetDisk isn't assigned an IP address, and you don't need to mess with the DHCP server on your router, nor do you need to map the drive to your PC--it simply appears as a local drive upon installation.
"it simply appears as a local drive upon installation." is the keyword ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.