Unable to "put online" then unable to reach localhost
Posted by: zozo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 24, 2009 01:37AM

HI Guys,

I have read quite a number of posts on this issue and followed all the instructions yet the problem persists. So what i intend to do here is explain exactly what I have done (in case some of it was different) and highlight the problems encountered and then beg ofr assistance.

I am running windows vista home basic

1. i wanted to test out a shopping cart i downloaded viart_shot-3.5 - cart
2. Tried to install it, but it required zend
3. downloaded and tried to install zend, it required a server. Tried to install PHP 5.2.8 it wanted a file from IIS
4. tried to make IIS work, but realised that it won't on Vista Home basic (only home premium or above)
5. got told about wamp by a fellow developer, downloaded and installed it from wampserver.com
6. It installed no dramas, runs when i start it, but i could not "put online" error was:

"could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action. This service has not been started.

7. I had skype on at the time. So truend Skype off, exited wamp, re-started wamp, now it is online but 3/4 yellow.
8. If i now try to "put offline" i get the same error message as in step 6 above.
9. Followed the skype instructions to untick the port 80 box.
10. changed ...drivers/etc/hosts to comment out : localhost line.
11. exit, start again, still 3/4 yellow
12. Uninstall wamp, delete folder -> remove registry items wampmysql, wampapache
13. Restart computer
13. Download wamp2f. install it, run it
14. it is offline, same error as step 6.
15. exit, start it again, now online but still 3/4 yellow.

Back to where i started.

Below is the mysql Log from wamp as it currently stands:

InnoDB: The first specified data file .\ibdata1 did not exist:
InnoDB: a new database to be created!
090224 11:17:58 InnoDB: Setting file .\ibdata1 size to 10 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
090224 11:17:59 InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file .\ib_logfile0 size to 5 MB
090224 11:17:59 InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file .\ib_logfile1 size to 5 MB
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer not found: creating new
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer created
InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables
InnoDB: Foreign key constraint system tables created
090224 11:18:03 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 0
090224 11:18:04 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
090224 11:18:04 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
090224 11:18:04 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
090224 11:18:04 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.30-community-log' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
090224 11:18:17 [Note] wampmysqld: Normal shutdown

090224 11:18:18 InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
090224 11:18:19 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 0 46409
090224 11:18:19 [Note] wampmysqld: Shutdown complete

090224 11:18:25 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 46409
090224 11:18:25 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
090224 11:18:25 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
090224 11:18:25 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
090224 11:18:25 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.30-community-log' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Please help (with a cherry on top )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to "put online" then unable to reach localhost
Date: February 24, 2009 02:45AM

Oh and i got another error today that may shed some light.

Tried to install Zend3.3.3 again and pretend that wamp server worked.

Located the php ini file, located the apache files, when asked for the root directory of the server did wamp/www

then got this error:

"Your web server configuration seems to be corrupted and does not include the httpd.conf in its default location
C:\wamp\www\conf\httpd.conf
Please reinstall or fix your web server configuration"

what is that all about?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2009 11:44PM

12. Uninstall wamp, delete folder -> remove registry items wampmysql, wampapache
13. Restart computer
13. Download wamp2f. install it, run it
14. it is offline, same error as step 6.
15. exit, start it again, now online but still 3/4 yellow.
seems you have some thing else that prevent wamp to run, so check to see if you have anything in this list: IIS, Skype, Zone Alarm, NOD32, Eset, Internet Optimizer, Google Accelerator, any other database server, any other webserver? also make sure you've already add exception for wamp in all firewalls; if not sure how to, check my guide here
[blog.jlbn.net]
if you're sure you don't have anything in the list above, post the last 10 lines of your error log here

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 25, 2009 03:42AM

Hi,

I did have Oracle Database 10g express version until 3 minutes ago when i removed it - hadn't used it in a year. That was the only database server i have and none of the other items on the list you gave (except skype but i already removed the use port 80 checkbox).

Weirdly this time I strated wamp, then straight away exited and re-started twice before getting it to say "online" but still 3/4 yellow. sad smiley

Here are the last 10 lines of error log (this is found in: left click wamp-> mySql -> mysql log right?)

090225 13:32:36 InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
090225 13:32:37 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 0 46409
090225 13:32:37 [Note] wampmysqld: Shutdown complete

090225 13:32:42 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 46409
090225 13:32:42 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
090225 13:32:42 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
090225 13:32:42 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
090225 13:32:42 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.

Date: February 25, 2009 05:02AM

open file my.ini in mysql folder, then seach
default-storage-engine=INNODB
change to
default-storage-engine=MyISAM
restart wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 25, 2009 05:21AM

hmm, i opened my.ini from the running wamp server under mysql, the line-

default-storage-engine=INNODB

does not exist in the file, nor does:

default-storage-engine

is my file corrupted?

Date: February 25, 2009 01:45PM

add this line, save file, restart wamp
default-storage-engine=MyISAM

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 25, 2009 11:03PM

Thanks so much for your patience with this. I really do appreciate your help and can't wait to have the server running smiling smiley
I did as you said and, added the line in under the other Mysql server settings.
restarted, no change.

Log has the same errors again, see below:

090226 9:00:06 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 46409
090226 9:00:06 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
090226 9:00:06 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
090226 9:00:06 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
090226 9:00:06 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.