Front page?
Posted by: jasonw (75.62.242.---)
Date: February 16, 2009 12:19AM

Downloaded it because I want to cancel my hosting plan and run my site from one of my computers. Everything works great but I had some questions. My hosting is with yahoo who dose not support asp, front page extensions seem to never work so on and so forth, I played with it a little bit and get an error that front page server extensions are not installed. I am using Vista basic on the computer that this is on. Anyway to get this to work? I have very very limited experience with PHP and Mysql and only marginal experience with html and never used Apache before although I have heard of it. Thanks in advance for the help. Oh one more question. Right now I use PHPBB on my website and it works flawlessly. Can I just copy all the files from my provider to the www directory and have it still work or is there more to it than that? Thanks a million.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Front page?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 16, 2009 12:44AM

ul need the 2 odd databases from mysql on the hostinf site too for phpbb

why do u need frontpage now?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 16, 2009 01:01AM

Because I know how to use it lolsmiling smiley Front page sets up everything for a new message board that I would like to use but I get the server extension error. I have no idea how to set up the PHPBB database as my server did all that for me when I had them install the program. Can I simply copy the Mysql database from yahoo to my computer?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 16, 2009 01:04AM

yes u can export them using phpmyadmin on your host site. the is 1 or two 2 db with 20 tables or so..

press export on top when u have selected the db save the file and then import it in phpmyadmin on ur pc

follow this guide to fix FP > [support.microsoft.com]

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 16, 2009 01:11AM

Cool thanks, guess I better get to work lol

Date: February 16, 2009 01:38AM

Gosh now I think I really screwed up. I exported the database from my server then went to import it. I saw a message in phpmyadmin saying the rood password was not set and it was a security risk so I set the password, now it says access denied, make sure the user name and password in the config file match the server so on and so forth. I played around but cant figure out what its talking about.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2009 05:35AM

Date: February 18, 2009 01:22PM

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> download resetmysql here
> [downloads.jlbn.net]
>
> to setup password, follow this
> [blog.jlbn.net]

I did what you said, reset Mysql and it worked great, then I went word for word to set up the password and I cant log in now. Tried to reset mysql again and still cant log in.

Date: February 18, 2009 01:26PM

Ok got it running back to normal again where it warns me I have no password, maybe I should leave it this way

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 18, 2009 02:00PM

you don't need to if only you use wamp, but if more than 1 person, you should to; btw, a lot of people successful setup password w/ my guide so I guess you must missed a step or 2 somewhere

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.