wamp no longer runs on Vista -- it did for a long time
Posted by: PJkinann (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2009 03:56AM

I have Vista (sadly) and WAMP has run for about a year on it without a problem. But recently I was trying to learn Joomla, and someone told me to put JSAS on it. I said, what's wrong with WAMP? They said it'd be easier for Joomla to use JSAS because they use it and they can explain it better using what they are accustomed to.

I said, well, I can't mess up WAMP because I depend on it for my clients' websites. He says, it won't mess it up. When you load JSAS, just turn off WAMP, and if you use WAMP just turn off JSAS.

Okay, so I installed JSAS on my PC (Vista). Then I closed it down and decided to see if my WAMP still worked. It doesn't.

I have since UNINSTALLED JSAS because I just want it off my system until I can get WAMP working again, and I have restarted WAMP, but it won't restart.

I even "stopped all services" then "restart all services" then tried putting online and tried offline, closed it out, reopened, rebooted the computer. Nothing. I cannot get WAMP running again.

Did JSAS do something to the WAMP? This is very discouraging because I need my WAMP and it's always been such a dependable program to run -- starts, stops on a dime.

I don't even know where to go to look to see why it no longer functions properly.

Would someone give me some suggestions?

Thank you very much
PJ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp no longer runs on Vista -- it did for a long time
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 05, 2009 04:14AM

seems uninstallation didn't clean all realted JSAS, so try system restore to date before installing JSAS ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 05, 2009 04:33AM

Okay. I was told that JSAS would not be a problem on the system if I just turned on one and turned off the other. So even if there are leftover components of JSAS, should it really be a problem for the WAMP? JSAS can't run if it's been removed from my system?

Date: February 05, 2009 07:02AM

Well, I restored back to 2 days before, but my WAMP still no longer starts.
WAH! this is upsetting because had I have known that JSAS would do this, of course I NEVER would have bothered to install it, especially because Joomla CAN run on WAMP. I was merely doing this becaus someone was helping me with Joomla and they have JSAS and couldn't explain anything unless I was doing the exact same thing they were doing.

So, now I'm at a loss how to restart WAMP.

Posted by: petermatra (---.hsd1.ny.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2009 10:59PM

Oh god now I won't try it! WAMP was working fine with Vista on my notebook for a while but it has been a bit buggy moving my site between my notebook-->to my-->Desktop and vice versa.

Today I had a problem with various extentions/addons in Joomla. There was a problem with Ajax and JoomPack and another issue with CBE and PHP.

It sent me scrambling to my desktop to try to recreate my site- delaying me by a day.

I plan to re-install wamp and my site and test it.

I READ ON THE JSAS WEBSITE THAT TO USE THEIR JSAS ON VISTA YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF USER ACCOUNT CONTROL. I also for some reason suspected permission problems.

Peter

Date: February 05, 2009 11:34PM

Well, FINALLY, by rebooting a gazillion times, and turning WAMP on, off, on, off, on, off, rebooting, on, off, rebooting LOL I FINALLY got it to work. I think it was tired of me flipping its switch! And it succumbed to my demands! LOL

It just started working.

You can BET I'm keeping JSAS off my computer! NOT going to go there again!

Posted by: petermatra (---.hsd1.ny.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2009 02:03AM

Folks

My problem stemmed from the PHP update. My original WAMP had PHP 5.2.6, my Joomla component could only work with 5.2.6

So I installed the older version.
Pete

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.