WAMP Server Menu Localhost and PhpMyAdmin not working
Posted by: Whistler.81 (---.151.121.rev.spectranet.in)
Date: April 15, 2014 07:35PM

Hi, I tried to edit the navigator setting in wampmanager.conf but accidently did something wrong. Now my Menu items localhost and PhpMyAdmin are not working. I really use those a lot. Could anyone help me get the settings right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Server Menu Localhost and PhpMyAdmin not working
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 15, 2014 10:02PM

What version of wampserver are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Whistler.81 (---.151.121.rev.spectranet.in)
Date: April 16, 2014 12:02AM

WampServer Version 2.4

I would like to know how to change the navigator form Chrome to Internet Explorer. This might appear strange but Internet Explorer starts up much faster than Google Chrome for me.

I keep getting the Cant find "C:\Program" must be because of the space in "Program Files" could you suggest something.

Date: April 16, 2014 03:36AM

Yup,

Edit \wamp\wampmanager.conf (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST)

Find this line (line 7 roughly)

navigator = "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"

yours will be different, but basically change it to

navigator = "C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe"

NOTE: that the directory seperators are Unix forward slashes and not Dos backslashes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: ManishJes (---.253.154.196.airnat.net)
Date: April 17, 2014 07:11AM

For phpmyadmin issue for can view this article

[www.techigenius.com]

Date: April 19, 2014 08:39PM

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THE BAD ADVICE FROM Manish

The end result of that change will be to grant access to phpmyadmin to all the hackers in the world, even if they are only a self styled genius like Manish.

Any suggestion that you change any Apache access to "Allow from all" or "Require all granted" should be followed with great care. It normally means the advice comes from someone that does not really know what they are doing.

If you grant "Allow from all" access to phpmyadmin, you are basically saying that anyone that visits your site can have a quick look for yoursite.tld/phpmyadmin and if its there ( like it is in WAMPServer" and most installs of Apache/MySQL) they are allowed to look at and even delete your databases. They would have to try and guess your root password but as most beginners seem to think setting a password on root is to much hassle you have given away the crown jewel very cheeply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.