Installing lower version of mySql, PHP and Apache under Wamp 2.2e
Posted by: rosede (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: April 10, 2014 01:56AM

My current website is Joomla 1.5 and was built using wamp 2.0.x with Apache 2.2.11, MySQL 5.1.3 and PHP 5.2.9. I want to upgrade to Joomla 3.5, but I can't install Joomla 3.5 on such old versions.

I downloaded WAMP 2.2e with Apache 2.4.2, MySQL 5.5.24, and PHP 5.4.3. I then installed the older plugins of Apache, MySQL and PHP to match what I had originally.

I try to switch from the newer version of plugins to the older versions of plugins, but the entire thing just becomes a big mess. I get error about MySQL and nothing will start backup and other errors that I don't remember right off the top of my head.

Is it not possible to put older plugins into the current version of WAMP?

Thanks.

Daryl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing lower version of mySql, PHP and Apache under Wamp 2.2e
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 10, 2014 03:25AM

If you installed a version of WAMPServer with Apache 2.4.2 then you installed a 64 bit version i.e. Apache / PHP / MySQL are all 64 bit versions.

Unfortunately all the ADDONS are still 32 bit versions, so you will get all sorts of errors when trying to switch between Apache's and PHP's.

Try installing the WAMPServer 2.4 32bit version and then install the required addons. You may still get the odd hiccup switching as both Apache and PHP communities have been chnaging the compiler versions that they use and that builds in its own issues.

For reference I run Joomla 3.x on Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.3 so that (WAMP 32 and PHP 5.3 2.2E) may well be your best bet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Installing lower version of mySql, PHP and Apache under Wamp 2.2e
Posted by: rosede (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: April 13, 2014 01:44AM

Thank you for the information.

Daryl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.