cubecart and wampserver
Posted by: billbod50 (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 09, 2008 10:31PM

hi has any one used cubecart with wampserver as i am having trouble setting the path for the digital downloads folder .
as the folder is in the main directory of the server any help or info please thanks william

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cubecart and wampserver
Posted by: trescott3 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2008 11:11PM

What path are you trying to use? Have you run the auto installer? The path specified should be relative to your wamp path (e.g. C:/wamp/www/xxxxxx).

The path for your digital downloads folder should be specified in the config.php file.

--
Trent Scott
trescott3@gmail.com

Posted by: billbod50 (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 10:05AM

hi and thanks
it says in cubecart that it is best to put the folder for the cubecart digital downloads some ware it cant be hacked like in the root of the server i think as i no little or next to nothing about this sort of thing i am finding it hard to to sort this out but i am trying to learn any help or info please thanks william

Posted by: trescott3 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2008 10:20AM

You don't want to put it in the c:/wamp/www directory because it would get published online.

Instead, put your digital downloads folder somewhere like C:/dig_downloads. Then, you'll need to change the path within cube cart's config to wherever that folder is.

There's probably a specific way to do this, some apps like the paths to have a trailing slash (C:/dig_downloads/), others like backslashes (C:\dig_downloads), and some want the path relative to the webserver root which would be ../../../dig_downloads (one ../ for each directory up from cubecart).

Let me know how that works out smiling smiley

--
Trent Scott
trescott3@gmail.com

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 10, 2008 01:30PM

agree w/ first suggestion but not second since it's headache for backing up when everything everywhere, so suggest to put it outside www folder but still inside wamp folder so you only need to backup the whole wamp folder

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.