newbie trying to get wordpress installed
Posted by: theburnt1 (---.3.90.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 21, 2014 05:02AM

I'm running windows 7 premium wamp server ver 2.2 apache ver 2.4 php ver 5.4.3 MySQL ver 5.5.24 my wamp server icon is green. I do not have a HOST file, that im aware of.

I am trying to get wordpress installed on my laptop. after many attemps to install php MySQL and apache (unlike anything ive done in long time) I finally get advise to install wamp. I'm getting the message now that php is not running when I try to install wordpress. I think I will be hosting with this wamp software. I had IIS turned on to begin with and if im remembering right my try icon was red. so I turned off IIS. Now when I go to 127.0.0.1 is that apache working? Ive tried to open php files via internet explorer, and it got message php is not running. I looked around, do I need to install a MySQL extension? I can not understand much in these document instructions. Really my job is requiring my to learn to use wordpress, I just wanna get it running.

I have installed wamp. but I have not done any configuring, hard time understanding doc instructions

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 06:45AM by theburnt1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: newbie trying to get wordpress installed
Date: March 21, 2014 05:24AM

changed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 06:46AM by theburnt1.

Date: March 21, 2014 06:09AM

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

I noticed the previostutorial I was going by was for wamp 2.4, I am running 2.2 sad smiley

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 21, 2014 09:58AM

What MySQL extension is missing.

Have you done this to activate the required extension?

left click wampmanager ( the W icon in the system tray ) -> PHP -> PHP Extensions

And on the menu that appears click the extension you want if it is not already ticked

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 21, 2014 01:32PM

yes, a command prompt screen flashes, then error msg. but now i can get the phpadmin. i gotta figure out how to create a databaser for wordpress, I created a wordpress account. how does all this work?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 21, 2014 10:25PM

Read the WordPress installation documentation. Its actually really simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: brackjo (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 11, 2015 01:52PM

Dear all

My Wampsever has been workin fine for a week and this morning I have a message of 'Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress'when trying to view my project on the local server. The mysql extensions are running and the wamp is green, yet my project or phpmyadmin cannot be opened.

When attempting phpmyadmin page I get the following error - Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.1.14\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177

Anyone got any ideas?

As I said everything was ok previously, started WAMP as nomal and running ok, but the above issues
Very frustrated at the minute.

Please advise
Kind regards
Brackjo

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 11, 2015 10:57PM

Hello

Please check the mysql error log and also the php error log, does that tell you anything?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.