wamp server | inetpub/wwwroot - bit of trouble here
Posted by: buzzby247 (---.thehamleys.net)
Date: September 25, 2008 06:34PM

i am having a little trouble seeing the localhost page. the installation went well. i changed the servername to localhost:8080, i changed the Listen to Listen8080. all went well with the installation. when i try to view the page it doesnt exist. i think it might be somethingo to do with what location its calling but i am not sure what to do. the page i want to call is www.thehamleys.net:8080 this should call the file i want.

www.thehamleys.net has pages there already its pages are stored in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ folder. right now the htdocs for the wamp is in c:\program files\typo3\htdocs - this is where i want the site www.thehamleys.net:8080 to point to. how do i do that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp server | inetpub/wwwroot - bit of trouble here
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 26, 2008 06:24AM

Date: September 26, 2008 10:20AM

hi there

i hope you dont mind me sending you a private message especially since i have been talking to you about topics going away from asp.net

currently c:\inetpub\index.htm is set to www.mysite.net is on. its IIS. i want a page for www.mysite.net:8080 to be the php form. right now when i look in my drive i see that c:\program files\wamp\htdocs is where i want my php form to be. i want to set c:\program files\wamp\htdocs to be www.mysite.net:8080 without interupting c:\inetpub\index.htm being the set up for www.mysite.net

i hope i have made sense here

i had trouble with the guide, please can anyone expand on this?

Date: September 26, 2008 11:00AM

i need to know how to keep the setting of c:\inetpub\wwwroot to www.mysite.com while the c:\program files\wamp\htdocs is set to www.mysite.com:8080

c:\inetpub\wwwroot has ben going for a long time while c:\program files\wamp\htdocs was set up yesterday. editing the apache conf.httpd file doesnt seem to affect the www.mysite.com at all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.