My testmysql.php file will not save whe I try to test
Posted by: richyA (---.207.252.4.not-updated.uk.eunx.net)
Date: February 25, 2014 03:45PM

Hi there,

I'm recently new to PHP/Mysql and am trying to set up a MySql database locally (on my pc) using WAMP server.
Everything seems to be running as it should i.e. I can access localhost/xampp. I would like to test my testmysql.php file just to make sure everything really is ok, but when I save the details to the following:-

'localhost','root','' in my Notepad++ the file does not seem to save at all.

This makes me think that something may be wrong or broken. Does anyone know what I can do? or if there is something broken? I would really appreciate help from any experts out there on this one.

Thanks all the same

RichyA

Re: My testmysql.php file will not save whe I try to test
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 25, 2014 06:40PM

I can access localhost/xampp Do you have WAMPServer or XAMPP installed. Hopefully not both.

The file testmysql.php lives in \wamp\www\testmysql.php

Are you sure you are saving it with the .php extension, and not .txt

To run it you should keyin the following in your browser address bar 'http://localhost/testmysql.php'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: richyA (---.207.252.4.not-updated.uk.eunx.net)
Date: February 25, 2014 07:42PM

Hi There,

Thanks so much, at least there someone out there in cyberspace grinning smiley..I was getting a bit lonely for a minute.

1: WAMP Server is the application that I have installed (which I believe consists of Windows, Apache. MySql and PHP).

2: I am supposed to type in [localhost] into my browser to find XAMPP for windows vers 1.8.1 and php 5.4.7 control panel.

3: I have checked my status and know what components I have installed. I also have phpmyAdmin with an IP 127.0.0.1. Having seen this page I know that my WAMP server is running.

4: I have checked the testmysql.php file and it is DEFINITELY a php extension and not .txt.

5: I also keyed in the following in my browser address bar 'http://localhost/testmysql.php' and received the following error message:-

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error contact your webmaster

Error 404
localhost
Apache/2.4.3 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.4.7

5: At this point I got stuck. So I uninstalled everything and started again from scratch, and followed the same process as before but ran into the same problems.

I am trying to create a demo website based upon smarty templates. I realize that my current site is dynamic and built in php (using smarty templates and a MySql database. I'm trying to get this database to work so that I can test extra features that I want to add to my website...but I not so use to databases and smarty templates... so I thought you guys may be able to help with my database connection problem...?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 25, 2014 11:06PM

Here we go ! Are we all sitting comfortably ?

WampServer installed from [www.wampserver.com] THIS IS NOT XAMPP
It is a Windows install of - Apache/MySQL/PHP mutiple version of all

XAMPP for WINDOWS installed from [sourceforge.net]
It is a install of - Apache/MySQL/PHP only specific versions

XAMPP help forum [community.apachefriends.org]

Your move!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.