must I stop wampserver to edit files
Posted by: tonymoody (---.access.mtnbusiness.co.za)
Date: February 21, 2014 09:55AM

I have installed Wamp 2.4 , all OK. Started editing the files as per RiggsFolly What to do after installing and have a problem.

My question now is Can Wamp be left running while editing the files? Or must Wamp be shut down? What is the correct procedure re Wamp oeration while editing the files?

__________________________________________________________________________________
Newpot : Windows XP sp3 running Wampserver 2.4 32bits < Apache Versions 2.4.4 > < PHP 5.4.16 > < MySQL 5.6.12 > < phpMyAdmin 4.0.4> < sqlbuddy1.3.3 > <webgrind1.0>

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: must I stop wampserver to edit files
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 11:14AM

You can edit while Apache/PHP/MySQL is running but for them to see the changes you must restart one or All services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 21, 2014 09:11PM

Thanks RiggsFolly,

Am battling to successfully edit the httpd.conf etc.

Have re-installed Wampserver 2.4, made a backup of the folder/files to be edited so am better organised now.

Something seems a bit spooky with the editing which should be straight forward. I'l try to make meaningful notes of my stumbles, if I can get my head around where the problem occurs; it is somewhere in httpd.conf

Enjoy the rest of the evening.

Tony

__________________________________________________________________________________
Newpot : Windows XP sp3 running Wampserver 2.4 32bits < Apache Versions 2.4.4 > < PHP 5.4.16 > < MySQL 5.6.12 > < phpMyAdmin 4.0.4> < sqlbuddy1.3.3 > <webgrind1.0>

Date: February 21, 2014 10:22PM

Hallo RiggsFolly,

Ref editing httpd.conf "Listen 80" ok "Listen 0.0.0.0:80" causes error. Goes localhost, connecting, www.localhost.com , Problem loading page Server not found.

Is there any advice for now?

It would be nice to know why this isn't working. I'll carry on with the remainder of editing as per your excellent article "Wampserver 2.4 What to do after Installing"

I have set up Wampserver in order to try to develop something for a Wordpress page . My intention was to slosh around in my desktop until the page was running and then upload the working files. Something along the lines of this : [sixrevisions.com]

Cheers,

Tony

Date: February 22, 2014 09:50PM

Thanks RiggsFolly,

It is all happy horses here with green W and localhost and phpMyAdmin working. I think the thing that got it all going was to edit httpd.conf as per your instrcutions , in particular to change to
Listen 0.0.0.0:80
Listen [::0]:80
Adding both got the Wampserver going but I got 403 Forbidden error .
Then making the prescribed "require local" changes corrected that (I think.)

I hope you are out of the wet,

Tony

Date: February 23, 2014 05:20PM

Thanks Tony,

Yes my feet are dry for now.

Glad you got over your issue.

Yes the
Listen 0.0.0.0:80 tells apache to listen on the IPV4 address range
Listen [::0]:80 tells apache to listen on the IPV6 address range

The browser seems to make an arbitrary decision as to which range it will use if both are active.

So if you access localhost and the browser picks ipv6 and you have not yet changed the instructions to Apache that it is allowed to reply to approaches made on ::1 (ipv6 address)

Allow from ::1
or
Requrie local

then it will return a 403 because it is not allowed to play on that ip address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: bb20131206 (---.netvigator.com)
Date: February 25, 2014 03:38AM

Hi

May I ask How can I know I am the IPV4 or IPV6 if I am XP win 32bit or Win 64bit?

and how can force the browser change foerm explorer 8.0 to chome google?

Listen 0.0.0.0:80 tells apache to listen on the IPV4 address range
Listen [::0]:80 tells apache to listen on the IPV6 address range

Thanks

Date: February 25, 2014 03:51AM

May I ask How can I know I am the IPV4 or IPV6 if I am XP win 32bit or Win 64bit?

Start -> Control Panel -> System

Look at the display it should tell you if you are 32 or 64 bit.

and how can force the browser change foerm explorer 8.0 to chome google?

Edit \wamp\wampserver.conf

Change this line

navigator = "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"

to Chrome's executable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 03:57AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.