"Could not connect to the MySQL server"
Posted by: dia (84.32.201.---)
Date: June 06, 2008 02:33PM

Hi,

I'm having strange problems here. Did a re-install of WAMP, and after that started to get this "Could not connect to the MySQL server" error while trying to install Wordpress or Zenphoto.

The WAMP icon is all white, the username/pass is correct, permissions are ok I believe, and only a few days ago all was fine (on old install)..

... found some instructions here about downloading MySql separately and replacing the folder in the WAMP package while keeping the old my.ini file. Either I did something wrong, or that didn't help, just created new problems. Then got a fresh WAMP copy again, and reinstalled. Doesn't help sad smiley

Please, does anyone know where is the problem?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Could not connect to the MySQL server"
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 06, 2008 02:41PM

I'm having strange problems here. Did a re-install of WAMP, and after that started to get this "Could not connect to the MySQL server" error while trying to install Wordpress or Zenphoto.
Did you create db for each before installing them?

... found some instructions here about downloading MySql separately and replacing the folder in the WAMP package while keeping the old my.ini file. Either I did something wrong, or that didn't help, just created new problems. Then got a fresh WAMP copy again, and reinstalled. Doesn't help sad smiley
I did it, if not thousands, at least hundreds, and always work ;-)
You must did something wrong :-(

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: "Could not connect to the MySQL server"
Posted by: dia (84.32.201.---)
Date: June 06, 2008 02:44PM

.... me stupid ...

the "host" in MySql user "login information" had to be changed from "any" to "local" ... now everything works smiling smiley

hope this helps someone like me to save few hours of their time ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.