WAMP Server offline
Posted by: hup (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: April 09, 2008 07:39AM

We have just started using Joomla and I have installed it on several XP machines. The problem I have is, on some machines, when I log in on a standard user the WAMP Server will not go online. When I log on as an Administrator the server works fine. On other machines I can log in as a standard user and it works fine. I did have to install the software as administrator.

As we have several volunteers working on these machines leaving them logged on as an administrator is not an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
HUP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2008 08:42AM by hup.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Server offline
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 09, 2008 02:44PM

On other machines I can log in as a standard user and it works fine.
If so, you should setup all machines to have same settings since wamp is the same and the differences are your computers' settings :-(

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 10, 2008 01:33AM

If I knew what settings to change I would change them! Any ideas as to what I should be looking for?

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 10, 2008 01:52AM

Install the wamp server as administrator login. Then put wamserver shortcut icon into the startup program folder for all users in Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder.

If you don't want users to see the wamp server tray icon on the system tray, then ignore the above method and open the windows Services console by typing the run command: services.msc. Then find the two services: wampapache and wampmysqld. Make the two services startup automatically when the computer starts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2008 01:58AM by hambuler.

Date: April 10, 2008 04:54AM

The problem is not other users seeing the WAMP icon. The problem is the WAMP server wont start for a standard user

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 10, 2008 06:02AM

Then follow my instructions above. Did you understand the instructions?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2008 02:53PM

Not sure why you want to install wamp in all machine while, in my opinion, you only teach student to code not to setup webserver; therefore, you should setup wamp in only 1 machine and setup accounts for each and all students, so each one can have their own website using php and mysql. Actually, this reminds when I was still in school and this is exactly what I've got at that time, one web account per student ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.