arrays in wamp5
Posted by: johnnyblaze (---.cable.ubr08.hari.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: March 25, 2008 01:22AM

Good evening ladies and gents

Having a little trouble with arrays I'm afraid - I used to be the kind of person that would manually install the different constituent parts of PHP, mysql and Apache, until I discovered this wamp server (amazingly easy) - however I have come across a major problem, hope you can help?

I'm using arrays in the standad method (student_id[]), which I know have been programmed correctly as it works online a treat. However, since installing wamp5, whenever the arrays are sent through a form, they are being spelt out as the word Array (i.e. 5 student ids in an array would be passed accross to the file processing the info as: A-r-r-a-y)

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, have they resolved it?

by the way both "register globals" and "register long arrays" are on in the little wampserver php settings thing. I've also included a php.ini in my c:/windows folder and registered the php path in the environment variables...

Would greatly appreciate any help on this

Many thanks

Johnny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: arrays in wamp5
Date: March 25, 2008 07:37PM

Another additional piece of info on this - I've noticed the exact same installation (same php.ini etc...) works fine on my windows xp machine, butthe arrays problem is only appening in vista...hmmmmmm....

Re: arrays in wamp5
Date: March 25, 2008 10:53PM

Oh wait, problem solved, i modified the php.ini file which is found in the Apache bin folder (apparently that is the php.ini file it uses)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.