I WANT WAMPSERVER2 TO START WHEN I SWITCH THE PC ON
Posted by: John2897 (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 24, 2008 05:19AM

I will try to be as clear as possible...

Here's what I have to do to use Wamp Server 2...

Boot up my PC.
Loggin to Windows (Obviously).
Remotely Connect to my Dev' Web Server (Remote Desktop).
Login to Windows on the Web Server (the Wamp Server 2 Shortcut is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).

So as you can see, everytime I want to reboot the Web Server, I have to Remote Connect again to start up Wamp (By logging into a Windows User Account).

I have an FTP server (on the same server as Wamp) which runs as a Service (No need to loggin to Windows to start the FTP server after a reboot).

So here's what I want...

Wamp Server 2 to start up when I physical (Press the Power Button) switch the Web Server on (Like the FTP server), but without having to Remote Connect to the Web Server and loggin to a Windows User Account in order to start Wamp.

... I hope that was clear.

Let me try to be clearer just in case...

I WANT WAMPSERVER2 TO RUN AS A SERVICE or I WANT WAMPSERVER2 TO START WHEN I SWITCH THE PC ON, Without having to loggin to windows (Without having to type my password and press Enter (With having to Remote Connect)).

... Is this even possible?

Thanks in Advance,

J.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I WANT WAMPSERVER2 TO START WHEN I SWITCH THE PC ON
Posted by: codewizard (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: March 24, 2008 07:58AM

they are already services (that is why the menu says "start all services"winking smiley

right click on your "my computer" icon (either on your desktop on in Explorer)
go to "mange"
click on services
find wampapache and wampmysql
double click on one at a time
drop down in middle (most likely says "manual"winking smiley click the arrow and set to automatic
do that for each one.

they should autostart when you start up windows.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.