urgent help needed: Localhost and phpmyadmin pages don't display !!!
Posted by: fish012 (---.cos2.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 16, 2008 03:22PM

Hi
can any one help me to set-up my WAMP? I have followed all the tutorial in this forum but WAMP still seems not to be working. First of all I deleted my skype to ensure that it doesn't compete with WAMP for port 80, I then disable my firewall and set up a port forward on my router for WAMP but all are futile.

At this point I am willing to give a remote access to anyone who wouldn't mind to install it for me. I desperately need this working for my uni project

These are screen shots of some of the activities of my pc

This is what I get when I try to connect to local host or PhpMyAdmin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: urgent help needed: Localhost and phpmyadmin pages don't display !!!
Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 16, 2008 04:09PM

Tough luck. You might consider the alternative. Read my post at "[forum.wampserver.com];. For some tweaking, you might copy the wamp PHP folder to get the PHP5 version. Then you can download apache2.2 to work with PHP5.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2008 04:16PM

From your first image, it seems your wamp working OK; however, I'm not sure about the icon next to wamp icon, is it your antivirus/firewall? The last image is not right since it's ONLY localhost NOT www.localhost.com

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: fish012 (---.cos2.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 12:27AM

Yes, that is my ESET smart security. By the way I disable the security and tried to connect to the local host but I still had the same problem.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2008 10:46PM

ESET? Is it from NOD32? If yes, you might have to get help from NOD32's maker to get proper settings so it can work w/ wamp

BTW, check to see if you have anything in this black list: IIS, NOD32, ZoneAlarm, Internet Optimizer, Google Accelerator, so on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.