phpmyadmin 1045 error
Posted by: ChrisT (---.wfd98.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 10, 2008 05:59PM

Hello im a mySQL newbie, ive looked around a lot for this on google but answers seems to vary and dont seem to answer my question! Im hoping someone here can help me!

I have WAMP5 and everything is smooth with the php integration with apache etc. however when i access phpmyadmin i get this:

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

however WAMP5 also came with Sqllitemanager which works absolutely fine!

Ive looked at the config file and the username reads as root and the password is blank but i cannot access the database...the command line of mySQL requests a password so i cant do anything there either!!

Hope someone can help smiling smiley

thank you!

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin 1045 error
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2008 06:28PM

Not sure if you've ever setup password; check Setup Password guide on my website, and if you've already setup password, you might want to follow from step 6

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: ChrisT (---.wfd98.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 10, 2008 06:38PM

hey thanks for your reply i followed your guide but it says to click phpmy admin to access prviliges but all i get is an the server recjecting my connection message....any other wa ican access phpmyadmin prvilidges?

Best,

Chris

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2008 07:43PM

Hey Chris,
Let me make this clear for your confusion: Sqlitemanager is used to handle sqlite which is the different type of db and have nothing to do w/ mysql
Correct me if I'm wrong, you get that error only when either you've already had another myssql db before installing this wamp or you've already setup password before posting the first post here; if you've already setup password, you should follow from step SIX from my guide, not from the beginning

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.