Can't access the server via phpmyadmin
Posted by: indesm (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: January 17, 2008 01:29PM

I use window XP, recently I downloaded Wampserver 2.0 with all the necessary components i.e. PHP 5.2.5, Apache 2.2.6 and MySQL 5.04.5. Presumably, the components are up to date. However, I just couldn't access mysql database via phpmyadmin. The error I get is below:

Error
MySQL said:

#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

Please help......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't access the server via phpmyadmin
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2008 03:17PM

Make sure all services running, ie you get all white color in wamp tray icon

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 17, 2008 03:27PM

Thank you.

All the services are working alright. Still no luck.
I forgot to mention that I checked mysql.log and the information it provided are as follow:

080117 14:20:28 [ERROR] Default storage engine (InnoDcool smiley is not available
080117 14:20:28 [ERROR] Aborting

080117 14:20:28 [Note] wampmysqld: Shutdown complete

Does this make any sense to any one? if so, how do I solve the problem?

Date: January 17, 2008 05:30PM

I am gateful to everyone particularly yfastud for responding to my message with speed. I managed to look through all the previous users comments and solutions suggested I came across Steven Martin advice, which was invaluable. His advice sorted things out for me. I have his solution below. Many thanks Steven.

Re: MySQL Error new
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 06, 2008 04:58AM

hi. are u using vista or xp?

i had this problem before and it was all because i never restarted my computer after instalation, only when i restarted thst vista realised that mysqld-nt was a service that needed to be allowed and asked me was it ok to do so.
others have found that this problem is fixed by making sure the php extention php_mysql is turned on. lefT click on the wamp5 taskbar icon and go to php-> php extentions-> PHP_MYSQL AND click it.

one other reason is in the my.ini file. you will find this by left clicking wamp5 icon and going to mysql-then my.ini should be there, the default storage engine is set to INNOB. and people have found that commentting this line out by putting a # in front of it then restating the engine works,
or replacing INNOB with MyISAM

i recommend unistalling thw whole server using windows -control panel-add remove program . then delete the wamp folder which will have 3 folders still in it,
re install wampserver2.0 then restart your computer, then run wamp,wamp icon should go white. then just open your browser key in localhost and up pops your default index page. then just check that phpmyadmin works by trying localhost/phpmyadmin/
if phpmyadmin works mysql works

hope this helps you
steven

Posted by: heath (69.73.230.---)
Date: February 06, 2008 03:48PM

Hi

New to this forum, but i installed wampserver2 on a Vista sytem. Had a problem accessing the phpmyadmin. tried everything suggested to no avail. So i delved deeper and found a conflict between Skype, wamp and vista related to the Skype addon that brings up the telephone numbers to dial directly from a webpage

Disable this in the manage addons from within Explorer tools and myphpadmin ran fine after that. Also sql admin sometimes failed to load until disabling the skype addons.

Cheers Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.