mysql - can't get it to work
Posted by: kbrdbryan (63.116.153.---)
Date: January 29, 2008 05:29PM

Hi, I just installed WampServer (2?) for the first time on a windows machine running XP.

I have a mac and have installed, configured and run Apache, PHP and MySQL all individually. Got everything to work great with a little configuration. (using Mac OS X's WebServer)

Everything for Wamp seems to be alright, excpet for MySQL. When I try to start the MySQL services, it acts like it's starting then immediantly shuts down. Also, when I modify the httpd.conf file to include port 3306 for MySQL the server won't stay running.

I have a previous version of MySQL installed, and it was password protected. I was never prompted to enter my password for the Wamp MySQL. I think this is why it won't run (phpMyAdmin won't run either)... Any ideas of what I can do to resolve this? Where can I put my pw? Or is it some thing else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql - can't get it to work
Date: January 29, 2008 07:32PM

Update: Well, got MySQL to be stable and on. (uninstalled the other instance of MySQL) But can't get phpMyAdmin to work just yet....

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2008 07:48PM

If I'm not wrong, phpmyadmin is already detected your previious mysql, and now even you uninstall it, phpmyadmin still can't detect the one that comes w/ wamp, so suggest that you should uninstall and reinstall wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 29, 2008 09:38PM

Awesome, that worked, Thanks! Sorry for being so newbieish.... just learning php and mysql...

Date: January 29, 2008 09:44PM

Date: January 29, 2008 09:48PM

anytime came sooner than i thought... So I have a site I created with my mac webserver... using mysql with a password.

I reinstalled the wamp and got it running, but when went back to the site to access the data, said there was an error (website was sending mysql a password, but mysql didn't want it) so I went into phpmyadmin and added in a password for the localhost.root user. but now php won't work but the website looks like it's making the mysql connection....

so confused, anything I can modify to give phpmyadmin my password? i've tried phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php, but it won't allow me to save any changes

Date: January 29, 2008 09:51PM

Check Setup Password guide on my personal websites

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.