Date: January 16, 2008 08:59PM

Alright, so I did a stupid thing.

I set the following values to 5:

max_questions
max_updates
max_connections
max_user_connections

I tried to change the values by running a php script

mysql_query("UPDATE `mysql`.`user` SET `max_questions` = '50000', `max_updates` = '50000', `max_connections` = '50000', `max_user_connections` = '50000' WHERE `User`='XXX'"winking smiley or die (mysql_error());

But of course, that just gives me the following error:
User 'XXXX' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 5)

So now I can't enter MySQL anymore, or refresh my projects more than a few times per hour. How can I change this back? I'm using the latest version of Wamp.

* !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2008 09:08PM by Tijs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: exceeded the 'max_questions' (and more)
Posted by: Tijs (---.chello.nl)
Date: January 17, 2008 05:57PM

I fixed it, thanks for all the help! :-)

* !

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2008 11:31PM

Don't mind to share your solution in case other people having same problem?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Tijs (---.rocrijnijssel.nl)
Date: January 18, 2008 09:19AM

Well, ok:

Because I only had a limited amount of connections an hour, 5, I ran the following queries in a self-made PHP file individually.

mysql_query("UPDATE `mysql`.`user` SET `max_questions` = '50000' WHERE `User`='XXX'"winking smiley or die (mysql_error());

mysql_query("UPDATE `mysql`.`user` SET `max_connections` = '50000' WHERE `User`='XXX'"winking smiley or die (mysql_error());

mysql_query("UPDATE `mysql`.`user` SET `max_user_connections` = '50000' WHERE `User`='XXX'"winking smiley or die (mysql_error());

mysql_query("UPDATE `mysql`.`user` SET `max_updates` = '50000' WHERE `User`='XXX'"winking smiley or die (mysql_error());

That didn't seem to work at first, because after the last update it informed that again I've exceeded the 'max_connections' and it's value was set to 5. (Or 'max_user_conncections', can't remember which one). So I gave up that day and went to bed, next day I returned home frome school, and it worked. I guess I only should've waited an hour or so for the changes to work.

* !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.