WampServer 2.0 refusal to go online/offline
Posted by: humblestum (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: January 01, 2008 08:49PM

I have been using the earlier version of Wamp5 successfully for months - great software! Yesterday I upgraded to Wampserver 2. Yes, I de-installed Wamp5 first winking smiley The only problem I had was re-installing, re-configuring Gallery2, but that was just a side effect.

However, today Wampserver has been a very frustrating problem. Clicking on local host or phpadmin resulted in blank pages in Firefox. I assumed it was a problem with paths but could not find a solution. De-installed - rebooted - re-installed; same problem. Tried again - same result. Looked on the Wamp forum for clues. Tried to get the Wamp server to go offline, but that resulted in an error message:-
"Could not execute menu item (internal error). [Exception] Could not perform service action. The service has not been started."

Did it all again, this time the server came up offline, but wouldn't go online (same error message). Looked on the forum again and came across reference to software such as Skype blocking access to Port 80. Deactivated Skype, de-installed Wamp - checked that Wamp entries in the registry had been deleted - rebooted - re-installed and bingo, at last Wampserver and everything works - phew. Only remaining problem is that, due to shuffling the Gallery2 database, the new one so painfully created yesterday is yet again kaput.

Whilst Wampserver 2.0 is working OK at the moment, I really would like to have feedback on why the problems occurred and reassurance that Skype was the problem. I would hate to find tomorrow that the same problem reappears!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer 2.0 refusal to go online/offline
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2008 03:18PM

After uninstall, make sure to clean all old wamp relationships such as folders, registries before install new wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.