php pages
Posted by: camzio (---.cable.ubr03.azte.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: November 16, 2007 08:25PM

Hi everyone! I downloaded wamp quite sometime ago and have been using it sucessfully for mysql, really pleased with it. I am now starting to learn php and having some problems with the pages loading. My first page loaded fine no delays popped up straight away even connected to the second page. I use, for example, [localhost] to get to the requested folder and script.
I have tried loading the pages again and I now I get page not found the usual 404 error, I have tried other pages that I have built and still it does not work? but have worked before. What am I doing wrong? I have another problem in as much the server keeps showing only one service running out of two? please note I have always tried my pages when I have both services running.
I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer, I 'm trying to complete a project. Big thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php pages
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 16, 2007 10:44PM

When only 1 service running, you must recently did something which causes that problem. Did you lately edit any config file? Did you recently install any program such as skypes, so on that might interfere or using same ports wamp using

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Testing Codes for PHP, MySQL, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Re: php pages
Posted by: camzio (---.cable.ubr03.azte.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: November 16, 2007 11:30PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I have just been reading through the set up of wamp, it has a section on the problems regarding the starting and running of apache and that port 80 may show that skype is possibly using this port. I have now change the port ,as said,to port 81 and using the address as quoted I am now able to see my web pages YEEEE HAAA. I am so sorry to have troubled you, on the other hand, it is so nice to know that someone is there and genuinely happy to answer your problems!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.