Problems with WAMP
Posted by: Marly (---.adsl2.versatel.nl)
Date: October 09, 2007 10:14PM

Hello there,

I am having some problems installing WAMP. I had the old WAMP, which functionned correctly, but now I downloaded the new one, and it doesn't start mysql nor apache. I have installed Apache and WAMP seperately, is that ok? It keeps being red no matter what I do. Restart, start, put online, it all doesn't work! Note that I am using the newest version of Wamp!

I think it's a bit strange, but my localhost doesn't work aswell. It does show the intro page when I click on localhost, but I don't know what map it takes. I think it is not the map I want it to be, and I did change httpd.conf ! I think that because when I add a file info.php for example, localhost/info.php doesn't work. 127.0.0.1/info.php doesn't work aswell.

I really don't know what to do. I want to start working on my PHP but it doesn't really work for me. I have followed this guide to install them: [www.webmasterstop.com] . I did change the category in httpd.conf to C:\Websites\www, which it doesn't say there. I read and done the things it said until the 'install php page, for if you would like to know.

Could anybody help me with this? That would be great!

I am going to sleep now, I hope I'll have some answers when I look tomorrow.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Marlon.

Ps. Give as many solutions as you like, I'll go through them tomorrow.

Post Edited (10-09-07 22:16)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems with WAMP
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 10, 2007 01:32AM

Not sure how old your previous wamp version, even theory you can have more than 1 apache, mysql, php, but reality it cost you a lot of time and headache. Anyway, you've already had problem so the best way is backup all your data, uninstall all wamp and clean all related wamp in registry as well, then follows the instruction on my site to install and setup wamp

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Post Edited (10-10-07 13:54)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.