phpmyadmin Access Denied
Posted by: Asho (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 07, 2007 09:18PM

Whenever I go onto phpmyadmin it says.

Error
MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

What do I do?

Thanks,

Ash

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin Access Denied
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 07, 2007 09:36PM

Probably you did NOT setup password properly, so check my site for setting up password

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Date: August 07, 2007 09:56PM

I haven't setup a password.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 07, 2007 10:26PM

If I'm not wrong, you've been here for a while already and never setup password? if so, you probably edited something recently, and you should undo it, then setup password for your own sake

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2007 10:35PM

Asho wrote:
> MySQL said:
>
> #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

(using password: NO) it appears you changed the mysql root users password. you need to change the phpmyadmin config file to use the new password for phpmyadmin to be able to connect to mysql. read the phpmyadmin section of my WAMP User Manual/Guide (link to manual is in my sig)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 08, 2007 02:35PM

I just restarted my computer and it worked :|. Thanks for the help guys!

Posted by: Ali-S (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: September 18, 2007 10:23AM

Thank you CyberSpatium, you saved me from pulling my hair out.
How VERY annoying to install everything open it up to be advised that I should really add a password to root only to have my happy calm shattered when trying to access anything.

Not entirely sure it's all working as I don't know how it works yet, but I just followed CyberSpatium advice to change the config.inc.php (see CyberSpatium
---------------------- User Manual/Guide - link in post above ). Well I don't have phpmyadmin, so I searched for the file and opened it up in WordPad of all things! Changed the appropriate bit to include my password, saved and closed and hey presto I don't get the dreaded #1045 when I go to [localhost]

Now I just have to figure out how the rest of the darling workswinking smiley

NB: If I can do it you can, I haven't a clue what i'm doing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.