How to connect VB6 with WAMP and Crystal Report XI
Posted by: kedar pawgi (---.cable.ubr03.benw.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 24, 2007 10:30PM

Hi all, can any one help me
i want to connect the WAMP database using VB6, i have downloaded ODBC3.51 drivers for Mysql, does i need any other drivers for WAMP, and after connecting to wamp i would like to print the reports using Crystal report XI, how i can do that, i will be thankful, if i get the answer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to connect VB6 with WAMP and Crystal Report XI
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 25, 2007 06:59AM

just install wamp. read my manual on how to correctl install it. then start phpmyadmiin and create a new database for vb. run the vb installer.

wamp does not come with crystal reports you will need to install and configure that yourself. it you dont know how to do that contect CR support.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 02, 2007 08:18PM

Hi, i installed wAMP5, and VB6 and crystal report, i made a database as well through phpmyadmin, but when i try to connect it thru VB6 then it doesnt connect, i want to know, how its is connected manualy using connecting string statement.

Post Edited (08-02-07 20:27)

Posted by: achristouio (---.uio.no)
Date: August 03, 2007 12:31PM

Isn't the problem that MyODBC expect that the MySQL service is named mysql, not wampmysql. ?

(I think it is the same problem as I asked just a few days ago about BDS 2006/Delphi 10 not connecting to MySQL 5 neither.

So problem is probably how to tell MyODBC that the service to connect is wampmysql. (Or that WAMP installation renames the service to mysql)

Post Edited (08-03-07 12:32)

Alf Christophersen

Posted by: achristouio (---.uio.no)
Date: August 04, 2007 09:20PM

Remember to open the port 3306 in your Firewall. That was my problem :-)

Alf Christophersen

Date: August 10, 2007 03:33AM

Thanks for reply but the port 3306 is open, its working fine, actually even if i start wamp server, and while creating report in Crystal Report(CR), it dont show mysql database at all so, cant connect to wamp, but using CR8, i worked nicely, last year, but problem with CR11, i tried this thing with mysql when there was no WAMP, seperate mysql4 was installed. it worked fine.
plz guide

Posted by: kedar pawgi (---.cable.ubr04.benw.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: September 08, 2007 03:52PM

Hi finally i was successful to connect the WAMP server with crystal report 11. But when i start making the report in CR11(Crystal Report) then it takes all the tables of database but to add the tables for report it takes either 1-3 or very few he gives an error, saying there is syntax error in sql statement...........................limit 0 , or u can check that error if u try to edit the sql statement in phpmyadmin and delebrately try to write incorrect sql statement it gives that error. Another problem is that, table which is selected for report if it has 5 fields then it takes just 3 fields. Wat may be the reason. Where i can get this sql statement for the Wamp connectivity.
Plz help me for this then i will post all the stuffs in the forum for others, so that others can happily try out this thing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.