update windows 8 to windows 8.1: wampserver 2.2 and other programs stops to work
Posted by: massimo_pt (---.243-95-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: October 18, 2013 01:53PM

After installed upgrade to windows 8.1 wampserver 2.2 icon appear in red and the serices don't work ... any idea?
(same problem with other program as icloud)
thanks, regards
Massimo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: update windows 8 to windows 8.1: wampserver 2.2 and other programs stops to work
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: October 18, 2013 02:25PM

Try checking that the Apache and MySQL services are still registered as services.

Look in Windows Services for services called - 'wampapache' and wampmysql'

If they dont exist do the following:-

wampmanager -> MySQL -> Service -> Install Service
wampmanager -> Apache -> Service -> Install Service

Then try to reatrt all services.

Please post back if this works so others can benefit from the information.

Re: update windows 8 to windows 8.1: wampserver 2.2 and other programs stops to work
Posted by: massimo_pt (---.243-95-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: October 19, 2013 11:23AM

Services wampapache and wampmysql didin't exist anymore after upgrading to Windows 8.1,

using these commands:

---
wampmanager -> MySQL -> Service -> Install Service
wampmanager -> Apache -> Service -> Install Service

Then try to reatrt all services.

---

wampserver started again to work!

thanks a lot for your support.

Massimo

Posted by: stavrinio (46.251.103.---)
Date: December 16, 2013 11:24PM

Windows 8.1 update does not show schema of MYSQL in WAMP server

I tried all the replies in this post... still having the same issue .. schema is not appearing anywhere like my database is lost... not able to see phpadmin and localhost page through WAMP...

I haven't tried to re-install mysql if you can share links with steps or how to do this that would be very helpful since i am new to this configuration.

Btw for some reason the Wamp server is running the issue is that mysql does not connect and the database i had is gone.

There was a blog about windows 8 having a different path than 8.1 but i checked and made the changes that it was saying still the issue is there.... please help this is urgent.

Perhaps the issue has to do with the account changing at some point to my online account as windows suggested doing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 12:57AM by stavrinio.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 17, 2013 10:51AM

Please answer these questions

[forum.wampserver.com]

Also have you checked that :

The wampapache and wampmysql services are now registered in Services and are STARTED.
The HOSTS file still exisst and has these entries

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.