WAMP with IIS
Posted by: kwilder (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: July 21, 2007 07:07PM

I need to install PHP and MySql on a Windows Vista system, but I need to use IIS not Apache.

Can I install Wamp and then uninstall Apache to make it work with IIS?

I need to install it this way because the production web host is a Windows Server and it runs IIS not Apache.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP with IIS
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:25PM

just install php for iis, you dont need wamp

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: July 23, 2007 06:49PM

But I can't always get PHP to work correctly without trying to manually configure it, and since I'm not a PHP pro, that's a lot of hard work.

I also want to use phpMyAdmin and that too is difficult to setup.

Would it be that hard to create a version of WIMP? Boy that's funny! Windows, IIS, MySql, PHP and phpMyAdmin.

I'm sure that would be very welcome. There are many developers like myself who need to deploy my applications to Windows Servers running IIS, not Apache.

Any it's a thought.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 23, 2007 10:32PM

there is no option when installing wamp to only install php, so you will have to install php yourself. Here are some tutorials:

How to install PHP on IIS7

- and -

Install PHP in Windows Vista (that is, IIS 7.0)

now, for phpmyadmin, lucky for you i just posted "How to Install phpMyAdmin" tutorial on my Web Development for Newbies Blog.
phpMyAdmin Installation Tutorial

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 28, 2007 01:36AM

I know it's been a long time but I'm just now able to get back to this.

Essentially, I need to install everything from WAMP except Apache. I need PHP, MySql, phpMyAdmin to work with IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003.

Can I install WAMP and then somehow disconnect and uninstall Apache without damaging the server?

thanks.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 28, 2007 11:07PM

wamp does not install php, mysql, etc for iis, only apache. read the links i posted above. they have detailed directions to help you.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.