Localhost problem.
Posted by: redtzm96 (60.53.234.---)
Date: August 18, 2007 05:56AM

Hi all,

I have problem running WAMP this time. I'm using WinXP. I have problem running apache since my port 80 always use by services.exe. However after doing some research, I know that it is not a correct services.exe because it was located in the folder c:\windows\display. I manage to delete it and my apache server is up again.

However, there is another problem. Although my apache is running and there is no other program that use port 80, I cannot get to localhost page. When i click Wampmanager => localhost, it open IE but never get me to the localhost page. I notice that at the small bar below IE windows it shows "Connecting to [::]1". What is that? Why it doesn't show "Connecting to localhost" anymore?

I hope someone can help me. Try Google to sort this problem out but can't find anything that can help me or I miss something when search for resolution. Thanks in advance.

regards
redtzm96

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Localhost problem.
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 20, 2007 02:42PM

First thing first, you have to find out what is that services.exe and completely uninstall it because manage to delete from service control panel doesn't help. Next, if wamp still act weird, might be it's the time to uninstall and reinstall it; remember to backup all your website data and database, if any, before uninstalling wamp.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.