Import and Password Issues
Posted by: lcduf (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 05:48PM

Two problems:

First, I'm trying to import a sql database from my website to my locahost server. I get the following errors:

import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.8)
import.php: Missing parameter: format (FAQ 2.8)

Website using: phpMyAdmin - 2.8.2 and MySQL - 4.1.20
Localhost using: (latest WAMP download) phpMyAdmin - 2.10.1 and MySQL - 5.0.41

I've googled until I'm blue in the face trying to find an answer for this somewhat common problem. So far nothing is working.

Second problem is I'm trying to update privileges using phpMyAdmin and the tutorial I found in another section on this site to add a password for root protection and the same screen pops up (never goes to next screen). I've quadruple checked my cookie settings in both IE and Firefox (allowing all lions, tigers, and bears to take up residence at the moment) and nothing has changed (other than I now have some cookie cleanup to do smiling smiley )

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Import and Password Issues
Posted by: peterehat (---.29.162.42.static.utahbroadband.com)
Date: July 24, 2007 12:17AM

I looked around a bit (after discovering that I have this same error thrown when entering custom SQL queries in phpMyAdmin) and found that it's probably caused by a Firefox bug. Sure enough, I tried it out in Safari and had no problems performing the same action that Firefox was not letting me do.

Date: July 24, 2007 04:11PM

I don't know what I did different but I got it working (more or less). I reinstalled several times. I think it may have been a conflict with Zone Alarm during install and during sign in. I turned cookies off in addition to the anti-spam/anti-virus during install. And reinstalled yet again. Then installed WAMP server and all the add-ins. Then I started Wampserver and then using CyberSpatium's EXCELLENT tutorial changed the passwords one by one and it worked.

Leaving Zone Alarm privacy features totally turned off I was able to import without the dreaded errors. I did notice during the install that a Microsoft C++ screen poppped up for a short time that I'd not seen before. I'm wondering if this whole problem was caused by the fact my firewall was not allowing the install to perform all necessary actions to complete.

In any case, it's all working with the exception of the MySQL Administrator. For some reason that can't find MySQL. I'll have to research that further.

PHPmyAdmin is working in IE, Firefox, Safari, and Opera with no dreaded enable cookies messages. I actually imported using Firefox as that was the default browser I selected during install.

Thanks for your help!

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 07:18PM

it's all working with the exception of the MySQL Administrator
If you perform a search w/ my user name, you might run into my old post for the solution. If still can't find it, email me.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 07:24PM

lcduf wrote:

> I don't know what I did different but I got it working (more or
> less). I reinstalled several times. I think it may have been a
> conflict with Zone Alarm during install and during sign in. I
> turned cookies off in addition to the anti-spam/anti-virus
> during install. And reinstalled yet again. Then installed WAMP
> server and all the add-ins. Then I started Wampserver and then
> using CyberSpatium's EXCELLENT tutorial changed the passwords
> one by one and it worked.
>
> Leaving Zone Alarm privacy features totally turned off I was
> able to import without the dreaded errors. I did notice during
> the install that a Microsoft C++ screen poppped up for a short
> time that I'd not seen before. I'm wondering if this whole
> problem was caused by the fact my firewall was not allowing the
> install to perform all necessary actions to complete.

i have zone alarm securiy suite running too. zone alarm works flawlessly with wamp. you dont have to turn it off during wamp install or usage.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: July 26, 2007 04:20AM

Thanks Yfastud! My Administrator is up and running!!

Date: July 26, 2007 04:27AM

Interestingly, I can run the firewall, the anti-virus, and the anti-spyware portions of Zone Alarm just fine. But ALL privacy options have to be disabled. If I try to block cookies or pop up adds, phpMyAdmin tells me I need to enable cookies. I've added both 127.0.0.1 and localhost to the site list and instructed to allow all cookies (this is in Zone Alarm) as well as on the browsers. But as soon as I engage either cookie control (change it from off to medium) OR block popup adds in the privacy section of Zone Alarm. I get the dreaded "Cookies must be enabled past this point in PhpMyAdmin.

Frankly, I can live with that. I'm so thrilled to have it running. And I'm honestly still not sure what the heck caused the import errors.

Thanks for the excellent guide, by the way...very helpful!

Post Edited (07-26-07 04:30)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 26, 2007 06:51AM

yes, php needs cookies enabled because it uses sessions.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.