Folder transfer problem
Posted by: MrCheshire (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 29, 2007 01:35AM

Sorry to be bugging everyone here, but I'm really not sure where to turn. I had set up a mediawiki using this guide (http://lifehacker.com/software/wikipedia/geek-to-live-set-up-your-personal-wikipedia-163707.php), but then that computer became seriously infected and needed to be reformatted. Before I had to do that, I was able to copy the entire wamp folder onto another computer. But I am having trouble getting my database to run with this new set-up.

If I try to run wamp from the copied folder, neither of the services (apache or sql) will start. But if I try to copy the necessary parts of the mywikipedia folder onto a new, functioning installation of wampserver, I either lose functionality or am unable to access my wikipedia.

If anyone could help me, I would be incredibly appreciative. If somebody can get me up and running again, I'll even buy you something from your amazon wishlist! I'm really hoping that I haven't lost my ability to access my data.

Please let me know what additional information you need.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Folder transfer problem
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 29, 2007 06:47AM

what errors do you get?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.