.htaccess problem
Posted by: Sandyandi (125.60.240.---)
Date: May 09, 2007 05:56AM

Hi,

I have a problem with .htaccess. before, it gives me the 500 error. Then I went through the forums here. I read two forums here that is concerned with the .htaccess file. After following the instruction from those two forums, my project doesn't output the 500 error now BUT it now shows my WAMP5 Homepage.

This is what's in my .htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^$ /index.php [L]
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|img|css|js|video_files|robots\.txt|favicon\.ico)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

I would like to remove the "index.php" from my URLs because I'm using a PHP framework that returns URLs like this: "[localhost];. I would like to have this URL: "[localhost]; without the "index.php"

Hope you could help me smiling smiley
Thanks,
Sandyandi

wamp newbie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: .htaccess problem
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 09, 2007 05:03PM

search the forums for mod_rewrite ,this same has been posted many times this week

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 10, 2007 07:04AM

Okay I will thanks smiling smiley

wamp newbie

Date: May 10, 2007 07:52AM

Hi,

I've searched the forum, done what they said but still doesn't work. I found a forum with about a problem similar to mine but its solution didn't solve mine. sad smiley

I've set all the "AllowOverride" to "all", uncommented the "LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so" and even tried to find the Addmodule mod_rewrite but can't find it in my httpd.conf file.

Can you please help me with this?

Regards,
Sandyandi

wamp newbie

Date: May 10, 2007 01:37PM

after you change your httpd.conf file you need to restart apache for the new setting to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: May 11, 2007 05:12AM

I already did restart the server. hmm

Can you post a step by step instruction on how to get this to work?

Sorry for bothering,
I greatly appreciate your help smiling smiley

Thanks,
Sandyandi

wamp newbie

Date: May 11, 2007 04:33PM

Sandyandi wrote:

> Can you post a step by step instruction on how to get this to
> work?

I dont have 2 days to write a step by step tutorial to help you. search for mod_rewrite on google.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.