Web services using WAMP
Posted by: diksha (---.30.182.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: July 11, 2013 02:39PM

Can we create web services to fetch data from server and then to client side, using PHP in WAMP? I have WAMP installed on my PC and I usually work on WAMP. I do not know, if we could do this, if yes then how?

I just want to know how to run it on wamp. Look- 1st I would code the server side to fetch from dB and then to give it to the client. But, how to run it on WAMP. How to open SOAP on WAMP and the dB would be a external server not the one with WAMP..I hope u got it this time.. Could you plzz let me know only the starting steps to make a webservice.. the code n all I shall do it..pplllzzz
Please reply.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Web services using WAMP
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 11, 2013 06:46PM

If you want to build a SOAP WebService look at

[www.php.net]

Tutorial ( one of many ) [sam.xnet.tk]

Posted by: diksha (---.30.182.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: July 12, 2013 10:32AM

Thanks..

Its just that installing PHP, Apache, My SQL separately is a very tedious work n now I have WAMP installed on my PC. I work on wordpress usually and Develop simple website in core PHP. I just wanted to knpw how to start to make webservice using wamp. Is it same like we use wordpress or code simple pages.??
Or there are some specific steps to start it and then do the rest, ie. cod en all. Are there any configurations to make in wamp or just make a folder in www and put all the coding into it and run it on localhost.

One more doubt is I tried this fetching db fron an external server not the one installed on my PC, but it didn't work. So, I asked is it possible to do this in wamp.??

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 12, 2013 11:40PM

WAMP is Apache/PHP/MySQL so you dont have to install them seperately, they are already installed.

Wamp is basiclaly just a tool that installs all these and takes the 'very tedious work' out of installing them all seperately.

Specific steps:
Yes you write a script like you would a web page but without any html. You instantiate the SoapServer class as per the example above and write one function to handle each request you want to be able to process.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.