can't connect to localhost
Posted by: dmlocke (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 07, 2006 02:22PM

Hi,

I am having serious problems connecting to localhost. when I start all the services and then try to connect to locahost, I get the page not found error. I have also checked my connection settings in my browser - proxy is 127.0.0.1 and port 80.

This has never happened before. I am not sure if it is because it is a new laptop?

I have also clicked the test port 80 link and it says that my 'port 80 is not actually being used'? Could this be the reason why I can't connect to localhost?

Much appreciated

Dmlocke

Post Edited (10-07-06 15:28)

What you practice, you become

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't connect to localhost
Posted by: sarge (---.metrocast.net)
Date: October 10, 2006 09:40PM

Sounds like the web server is not running. Have you looked in the control panel to verify that the wampapache service is running? I know that sometimes the shortcut to start wamp server doesn't return any errors so you may think it's running when it actually is not.

Hope this helps

Posted by: dmlocke (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 10, 2006 11:19PM

I can see that the server is 3 quarters shaded yellow and is says one of two services running - server online.

I did a port 80 test and found : your port 80 is not actually used. Could this be the probelm? If so how could I fix it?

dmlocke

What you practice, you become

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 11, 2006 12:08AM

When you click on wamp tray icon, you will see which service is not running, probably your apache already stopped. If recently you modify something, check to make sure it's correct as expected.

Posted by: bsenftner (---.dhcp.gldl.ca.charter.com)
Date: October 13, 2006 07:00AM

I've got the same problem over here, and another developer associate has it too.
We've both got all our wamp services running... he thinks that this is caused by the McAfee or the MS security updates that just installed yesterday...

Anyone have any clues?

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 13, 2006 02:48PM

Check to see if firewall lock it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.