Error on "Local Host" Project
Posted by: mbay (---.61-80-70.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: August 05, 2006 09:28AM

Hello,

I don't know much about php. Trying to alter pages locally, graphically, before uploading any changes that could potentially freeze the site.

I get the following error:

Error
[DBIM] Connection Failed: Access denied for user 'digital_manturaf'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Type: 256 File: C:\wamp\www\tintense.com\modules\core\dbim.php Line: 44 Debug Level: 1

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated,

mbay

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error on
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 05, 2006 10:06AM

did you add the user digital_manturaf to MySQL yourself? if so, you are getting this error because you have not setup permissions for this user telling MySQL what database(s) that user is allowed to access.

If you have not added your digital_manturaf user to the MySQL users table, then you are getting this error because you cannot use any user id and password you want to access your database. WAMP comes with the default MySQL root user set with no password. so, to access MySQL you need to use root with no password
for example: mysql_connect ('localhost', 'root', null);

for security concerns, you should set a password for you root user. follow the second post here about securing your MySQL server.
[forum.wampserver.com]

Post Edited (08-05-06 10:07)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Re: Error on "Local Host" Project
Date: August 05, 2006 10:17AM

CyberSpatium,

thanks for replying.

I did not add this user on my own. This is a friend's site which he created, and I am attempting "graphically" to make the alterations.

So if I change the root will this will make the rest of the pages react as a domino effect, or will it just give me permission to view the php pages?

thanks again.

Date: August 05, 2006 11:50AM

ok, then to connect to your friends mysql server, you will need to know the url to his mysql server. change the localhost in the mysql_connect function to his mysql server url (mysql.somedomain.com for example)

Date: August 05, 2006 04:02PM

CyberSpatium,

i can change the mysql_connect function even though i'm running it locally?

Date: August 06, 2006 01:23AM

a long time ago, when I was in college, I wanted to make some extra money and decited to put up a website. but I was so broke I could not afford a shared hosting accout. so, I had two free hosting accounts. one account, that had mysql also showed tons of ads all over my webpages and ruined my site. the other host, had free hosting with no ads, but did not offer mysql. so, I use to access the mysql server from my free account that had mysql to use for my free hosting account that did not have it.

mysql_connect ('mysql.myfreehost.com', '_username_', '_password_'l);

Date: August 06, 2006 05:50PM

CyberSpatium,

this is very interesting. I didn't realize you could access mysql from another host - just like calling an outside htm page or script. Very interesting....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.