403 error
Posted by: 1commander (---.patmedia.net)
Date: June 27, 2006 08:53AM

I get the following error when trying to run some scripts on my WAMP server.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Test Dynamic Site 2 - delete anytime/< on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.4 Server at localhost Port 80

Can someone tell me why it isnt working? I cant test my scripts if I cant use forms and submit them.

And yes, I am new at this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 error
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 27, 2006 09:11PM

are you using htaccess and htpasswd?

Date: June 28, 2006 12:18AM

No I am not. Should I be? I thought that was for limiting access, not allowing it. I could be wrong though.

Date: June 28, 2006 09:17AM

have you edited anything in your httpd.conf file and/or php.ini file?

Date: June 28, 2006 11:44AM

Actually I might have done that in order to increase the time out time... I recall doing something along those lines a while back in order to get another script working with mysql. If I install the new version of wamp, will it rewrite my php.ini file? And just to make sure, what is the php.ini file called? it seems I have php.ini-dist php.ini-dist2, php.ini-recommended. I should try replacing it if I can then come back if my problems continue.

Date: June 29, 2006 01:40AM

ignore the php.ini-dist2 and php.ini-recommended. these are the recommended settings provided by the php community. if you edit anything in these files it will have no effect, since these files are not used.

use the WAMP tray icon menu to edit the correct php.ini file because if you are using php4 or php5, there are seperate php.ini files for each version.

I am not the creator of the WAMP program, so I don’t know if your php.ini file is replaced when you update. If a new features are released for php, then a new php.ini file would probably be used when updating.

to be 100% sure, the best thing to do is to backup your website files, and uninstall WAMP and then install the latest version of WAMP again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.