phpmyadmin problem and others
Posted by: HaDo (---.leased.cust.tie.cl)
Date: June 28, 2006 04:44PM

everything seems to work fine.. the thing is that.. first of all.. am tryin' to set a webserver to host a vbulletin site, i have one already on a free hosting (byethost), i have a backup of my database, but i can't import it to my server (home made grinning smiley) because it only accept maximum size of 2048kb and my db it's 15mbapp.. ive tried to compress it, but doesn't recognize the extension (zip & gzip) when it says that it does :s .. how do i update it? or how do i change the maximum size to import? ...
that one... other is... am setting this server on a dinamyc ip .. i've installed no-ip on it, and i don't know what else ... i mean... how do i call mi server from outside the lan?? what else should i do to find out if its working??
*note* : am under a dlink DI524 Airplus G but conected on cable grinning smiley i've set this router with the no-ip option ... so i guess it's ok ...

thanks ... best regards

PS: sorry for my english... am from Chile So ... xD

incoming webmaster!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin problem and others
Posted by: tomfmason (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: June 28, 2006 05:28PM

Ok, the first part of your question was how to change the upload file size for php . Well this can be done but I do not recommend it. If you decide to do this , you can change the upload_max_filesize in php.ini . If you do this you should also change the max_execution_time . By default it is 30 seconds and if you are uploading 5mb of sql then it will take longer than 30 sec.

or

You can also upload it to mysql via the command line.
mysql - u username -p databasename < filename.sql
You will first need to create the data base that you will be uploading it to.

Now, the second part of your question is about setting up your server on a dynamic ip. There are a few problems with doing this but it can be done. I think that this link will help you alot. [www.dslwebserver.com]

Re: phpmyadmin problem and others
Posted by: HaDo (---.leased.cust.tie.cl)
Date: June 28, 2006 06:06PM

thank a lot tom... i'll give it a try.. thanks a lot ... regards.

incoming webmaster!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.