No psp access on the WWW
Posted by: Doobie Doo (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: April 23, 2006 09:16PM

Hi All,

I'm sure this a simple flag I've missed or something, but just can't seem to find it - hope someone can help.

I've just installed Apache 2.0.55 with PHP 5.1.2

It all seems to work great and my I can see simple html files on my LAN and on the web. But whilst PHP files are handled perfectly on my LAN, they do not seem to be served across the web. Any ideas please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No psp access on the WWW
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 23, 2006 11:02PM

make sure people access your site using your ip address:
[your.ip.address.here]

Date: April 23, 2006 11:05PM

Yes - done that thanks. ... and it passes static html files with no problem on the web.

PHP files work fine on localhost - but they just don't get passed on the web. Very odd.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2006 03:47AM

make sure all your php files are in the www folder (c:\wamp\www) or apache will parce them when you access http://localhost. The www directory is the document root for all your webpage files (html, php, images, css, etc).

Post Edited (04-24-06 03:53)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: April 25, 2006 12:04AM

Thanks for trying to help. I've been struggling with this all day, reading all the manuals and help I can find etc - but still no joy.

Here's the problem again in more detail. My LAN is behind a router that's setup with a rule to forward port 80 requests to IP 192.168.0.4 (my server). I had my server setup with IIS 5.1 using that arrangment and it worked well but want to migrate to Apache. So I've uninstalled IIS, installed Apache etc and put test files (html, php etc) into the WWW folder on the server.

The browser on the server can access the files using [localhost] with no problems. Also, the other computers on my LAN can access the files perfectly using the servers LAN address (http://192.168.0.4). So far so good.

However, if I try to access the server from the internet (using my router's IP) I can only see the index.html file and nothing else.

Any thoughts please? My guess is that i've missed something simple and will kick myself later.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: April 26, 2006 03:55PM

Do you have DNS sevice? My php file work fine, check my test file here:
[testsite.jlbn.com]
Hope this help ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.