LOCALHOST in links
Posted by: marwi (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: May 15, 2013 09:19PM

Hi!
My kids wanted to blog, and I wanted to learn stuff. So I tried to set up three blogs. Two kids plus me. Works perfekt from the server, and I can view resent posts from other computers. But all links, the login link for example, is named localhost/e/wp-admin. Does not work so very good when I want to both view and admin from other computers than the server. What I would like it to say is the ip of the server instead of localhost.

What it says:
[localhost]

What I would like it to say:
[255.255.255.255]

We are still in the "start up phase", so if a reinstall is required, that's ok. Just tell me where to change localhost to ip-number of my server.

When I installed I logged in to the server and installed WAMPSERVER 2.2.

Quick answeres is appriciated since I promised a blog some days ago... (stupid stupid me..)

/M

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LOCALHOST in links
Posted by: showstopper (---.dynamic.tstt.net.tt)
Date: May 17, 2013 12:14AM

Hi marwi since i saw you had wp-admin i'm guessing you are using wordpress what you will need to do is change both options wordpress address and site address located in the general option setting of the wordpress blogs just enter the different ip into each of the blog settings eg . blog 1 :- 192.168.1.10 , blog 2 :- 192.168.1.11 blog 3 :- 192.168.12

Fitcom - Technology and SEO with a side of awesome

Installing and Configuring a WAMP Server in Windows 7 & 8

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.