icon wont turn green
Posted by: Bianca (---.lnse4.win.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 12, 2013 11:18AM

Hi there, I can't get wamp to work anymore. It worked a few months ago and now I can't get the icon to turn from orange to green. I've turned off skype and don't have ISS running. I ran netstat and the only program which was listening to port 80 was what I assume is WAMP (http.exe- apache HTTP server). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm reluclant to re-install it because I don't wont to loose the sites I have on it. Thanks!

Re: icon wont turn green
Posted by: Niek (---.rev.onenet.an)
Date: May 12, 2013 02:20PM

Most likely because you had Skype running when you started WAMP. End Skype and then Restart All WAMP Services and the icon will turn green. After WAMP is started i found you can start and use Skype again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 02:21PM by Niek.

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: May 12, 2013 08:54PM

In Skype, go to Tools -> Options. Click Advanced tab (on left). Click Connections (under Advanced tab). Uncheck "Use port 80 and 443 ...". Quit and restart Skype. You should then be able to start Wampserver after Skype has started.

Date: May 12, 2013 10:48PM

Thanks but I have tried that with Skype. Skype makes me specify the port when I uncheck it. I wasn't sure what I should be changing it to so I used 8080. At the moment skype isn't even turned on and WAMP still won't turn green even after turning skype off and re-starting my computer. As long as I had skype turned off first, I used to be able to still run WAMP.

Date: May 13, 2013 02:21AM

Also just installed WAMP on a second laptop which dosen't have Skype and it's not turning green either. Also, no ISS running. Is there another program that could be blocking it?

Posted by: alejuh (156.75.252.---)
Date: May 13, 2013 11:48PM

I stop the SQL Reporting Service and it works.
-Click W icon
-Apache
-Service
-Instal Service
-Start
If it doesnt start.means another service is using the port 80

Posted by: Bianca (101.160.4.---)
Date: May 14, 2013 12:15AM

Thanks Alejuh but it still hasn't started. Whilst there I saw the option to test port 80 which has shown me the following message:
Your Port 80 is actually used by:
Server: Apache /2.2.22 (Win64) Pho/5.3.13

I'm not technially minded, so not sure what this means but I assumed it's WAMP? I've also ran netstat to check port 80 and nothing is coming up!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 06:48PM

Thats not wamp.

I guess you tried installing apache some other way. Try uninstalling your previous attempts at installking apache and then try wamp again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.