localhost wont load, neither will anything else
Posted by: Scott (---.dyn.grandenetworks.net)
Date: January 12, 2006 06:08PM

I have tried installing this many times...disabled me firewall, and I still cant get into any of the applications. I am trying to learn php and mysql and a book suggested this program.

Once I do get it installed, I cant get to my localhost, phpmyadmin or anything else. Also Apache says its not running but it wont let me start it because it says an Instance of the service is already running.

I'm hoping this is simple, but I am desperately trying to ge tthis working. Please any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost wont load, neither will anything else
Posted by: Ronald (---.cable.casema.nl)
Date: January 14, 2006 06:12PM

I found a topic posted a little earlier in which someone said this could result from interaction with Skype. If you use Skype, try the following: go to Actions (or maybe called tools, I use a Dutch version...; it's the third menu option) -> select Configuration (or again, something, last option) -> click Connection and deselect the option to listen to port 80 and 443. I don't remember what I restarted but eventually it solved the problem.

Good luck,

Ronald

Re: localhost wont load, neither will anything else
Posted by: Scott (---.dyn.grandenetworks.net)
Date: January 14, 2006 06:19PM

Actually, I don't have Skype. However I did fix the problem by slowly uninstalling things. Trillian was the problem it seems, but I did a fresh reinstall of my OS and Trillian works fine with WAMP now. So I am not quite sure what was going on. Thanks for your help anyways!

Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.