wamp php super slow across lan for linux boxes
Posted by: michael (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: January 07, 2006 06:04AM

sorry, i don't know where else to go and really don't want to register with any bbs.... in spite of the fact that i've never gotten a word out of this forum, i'm trying one last time.

basicly i have wamp5 installed on a windows machine... and if i try to access a php page from linux machines on the lan the transfer rate is super slow (50b/s slow) ... accessing from windows machines on the lan is instantaneous. any ideas what might be up? i'm fresh out myself, and google is giving me the could shoulder.

sincerely,

michael

PS: oh yeah, just for the record, i get the slow connection even on the same machine with both windows and linux boot partitions... and non php pages load up just fine from the linux boots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp php super slow across lan for linux boxes
Posted by: michael (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: January 07, 2006 07:03AM

eaccelerator definitely helps a lot to make the issue a little bit invisible... but i'm sure it isn't a real fix. there is no reason why the linux machines shouldn't load php as fast as anything else.

what is going on is the server wants to hand out the php doc in little bits, and that is what is slowing things down... i'm sure if it just processed the whole doc and then sent it as finished there would not be any slow down.

also for what its worth, a doc starts fast enough but the chunks get smaller and smaller until it stops entirely.

with eaccelerator the doc more often than not is completed soon enough, but it still chugs for a lan.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.