help required for newbie
Posted by: gloryboy (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 14, 2005 07:54PM

is there a manual for this wampserver, where are the instructions on how to use it, im trying to learn php (im at the beginning) does anyone know of any tutorials or can anyone guide me on how to use this wampserver.

cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help required for newbie
Posted by: cooldude (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: December 18, 2005 01:00AM

Look at your WAMPS icon in your bottom taskbar. rightclick on it and click on Help File. Good luck.

I just installed it myself, can't wait to play around with it. I would always edit code on the production server, now I can do it offline. Great product thanks

p.s. that's not my real e-mail winking smiley

Re: help required for newbie
Posted by: AustinW (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 08:50PM

Go to sitepoint.com and you might consider getting one of their books, kevin yank's "Build Your Own PHP & MySQL Database Driven Website" or Harry Fuecks' "PHP Anthology." Those are great sources for learning PHP, and I do not suggest just doing tutorials because if you do that, everything will be more confusing because each person has their own coding style so there could be 50 ways to produce 1 script. You need to build a strong foundation with a book where everything's in one standard; you decide what fits you best, then you can learn from others' tutorials. I highly suggest Kevin Yank's book which is what I used to learn php. I have never lost interest in php since. Hope that helps smiling smiley

AustinW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.