Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2014 04:33PM

Hi,
In wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.9/bin/ folder you must have these symbolink link:

icudt51.dll
icuin51.dll
icuio51.dll
icule51.dll
iculx51.dll
icutest51.dll
icutu51.dll
icuuc51.dll
libeay32.dll
libsasl.dll
libintl.dll
php.ini
php5ts.dll
ssleay32.dll

You can see symbolic link with the DIR command
The symbolic links are noted <SYMLINK>
C:\Windows\system32>dir J:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\ 

07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icudt51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icudt51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icuin51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icuin51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icuio51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icuio51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icule51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icule51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> iculx51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/iculx51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icutest51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icutest51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icutu51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icutu51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> icuuc51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/icuuc51.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> libeay32.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/libeay32.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> libsasl.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/libsasl.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> php.ini [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/phpForApache.ini]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> php5ts.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/php5ts.dll]
07/07/2014 16:09 <SYMLINK> ssleay32.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.14/ssleay32.dll]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'e:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
Posted by: jimjl (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2014 03:14PM

Hello all,

My first post so here are my stats:
windows 8.0
wampserver 2.5
apache 2.4.9
php 5.5.12
mysql 5.6.17
wampmanager icon is green

same error - PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'e:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

I have tried everything in this thread. My setup is on drive E: Nothing I have done so far makes any php work on my local server with my web pages. If I rename our web page with a .php extension it works fine but not with an .html extension.

I have the same error in the php error log as seen above.
I have added my php directory to the windows path variable as suggested (drive E: instead of Cwinking smiley.
I have used the wampmanager to reload the PHP module to get the icu*.dll's restored.
I have insured both libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll are in both directories as mentioned in this thread.

I am not sure if the error message in the php log is the problem as far as why no php code gets executed or not.

I have run the phpinfo file and the information I get looks good as far as I can tell.

I am a newbie with apache and have been working with this problem going on three weeks. I have installed removed and reinstalled apache three times. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 09, 2014 03:46PM

Hi,

1. Do not add the php directory to the windows path. I dont know where you saw that as a sugestion but it is BOGUS.

If you can run the phpinfo link on the homepage then PHP is working just fine, as the homepage is written in PHP and phpinfo() is a PHP command.

So the only problem you now have is 'I am a newbie'

1. Make sure any php script ( web page) is named with a '.php' extension and not .html or .txt or anything else Apache only passes files with the .php extension to the PHP interpreter for interpretation and execution.

Make sure that your explorer has 'hide extensions of know file types' turned off ( how to [www.sevenforums.com])

If you are using notepad, it quite often adds .txt as an extension even if you save the file as test.php, it will save it as test.php.txt, so DONT USE notepad, Download Notepad++, its free ( althought I am sure they would be happy to accept a small donation ) and a great little editor.

2. Dont double click the file you want to run using explorer. This does not even use Apache and only works for straight .html file. Use the browser address bar like you would for any other website. i.e. [localhost]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 11, 2014 07:27PM

Thanks RiggsFolly for your reply,

The path variable was mentioned in this thread before: (Imodule could not be found.
Posted by: vynum (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 07, 2014 04:18PM

INTERESTING READ: [php.net]

excerpt:

Note: Note to Win32 Users

In order for this extension to work, there are DLL files that must be available to the Windows system PATH. For information on how to do this, see the FAQ entitled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows". Although copying DLL files from the PHP folder into the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), this is not recommended. This extension requires the following files to be in the PATH: libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll
Versions before PHP 4.3.0 additionally require libsasl.dll.)

I checked with our hosting provider and they run Apache as well. Our pages with an .html extension that have PHP code in them work fine, just not on my machine. Apache can work with html pages as far as I can tell.

I should have mentioned that I am working with Firefox not Exployer, although I don't see how that would make a difference since the pages look fine in Firefox when served from our hosting provider.

I learned the hard way, a week ago, to use notepad ++ not notepad.

I am not double clicking on a page to load it. I am submitting it from the latest version of Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver has a live button which allows you to see what a page will look like within Dreamweaver. I believe it sends the document to the server but then gets it back again instead of sending it to firefox. This feature works fine when viewing a page with a .php extension. The same in firefox if the page has a .php extension.

Per Otomatic's suggestion of restoring the PHP directory to get the icu*.dlls reinstalled, I completed that as well. What I noticed today was one file is still missing. The libintl.dll file is missing from the /apache2.4.9/bin directory. I tried to reload the directory again but it is still missing. All the other files in your list are present.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Date: August 11, 2014 07:54PM

Thanks RiggsFolly for your reply,

The path variable was mentioned in this thread before: (Imodule could not be found.
Posted by: vynum (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 07, 2014 04:18PM

INTERESTING READ: [php.net]

excerpt:

In order for this extension to work, there are DLL files that must be available to the Windows system PATH. For information on how to do this, see the FAQ entitled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows". Although copying DLL files from the PHP folder into the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), this is not recommended. This extension requires the following files to be in the PATH: libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll
Versions before PHP 4.3.0 additionally require libsasl.dll.)

I checked with our hosting provider and they run Apache as well. Our pages with an .html extension that have PHP code in them work fine, just not on my machine. Apache can work with html pages as far as I can tell.

I should have mentioned that I am working with Firefox not Exployer, although I don't see how that would make a difference since the pages look fine in Firefox when served from our hosting provider.

I learned the hard way, a week ago, to use notepad ++ not notepad.

I am not double clicking on a page to load it. I am submitting it from the latest version of Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver has a live button which allows you to see what a page will look like within Dreamweaver. I believe it sends the document to the server but then gets it back again instead of sending it to firefox. This feature works fine when viewing a page with a .php extension. The same in firefox if the page has a .php extension.

Per Otomatic's suggestion of restoring the PHP directory to get the icu*.dlls reinstalled, I completed that as well. What I noticed today was one file is still missing from your list. The libintl.dll file is missing from the /apache2.4.9/bin directory. I tried to reload the directory again but it is still missing. All the other files in your list are present. Whoops, I just noticed in your dir listing you only have 13 files and the libintl.dll is not showing. Same for me when I go to the command prompt and do a dir listing. Is the libintl.dll not needed?

Date: August 12, 2014 09:45AM

Hi,

The libintl.dll file is not in Apache 2.4.9 package from Apachelounge, nor in php 5.5.12 package from php.net and is now part of the gettext extension.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 12, 2014 10:40AM

To vynum

You are using WAMPServer 2.5

AN INTERESTING BUT MISLEADING READ

Versions before PHP 4.3.0 additionally require libsasl.dll.

1. You should not add anything related to WAMPServer to the Windows PATH environment variable!
As this will mess up WAMPServers ability to switch between versions of Apache and PHP.

2. You should not need to copy anything into the C:\windows folder.

All you need to do to fix this issue when using WAMPServer 2.5 is :-

Using the wampmanager menus do this :-

wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> and click on the version number (probably 2.4.9)

This will cause WampServer to rebuild all the SYMLINKS required to run php_ldap and php_intl.
The initial install of 2.5 missed this step, all you need to do is do as suggested here and it will be fixed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'e:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
Date: August 12, 2014 05:25PM

Hi,

> The libintl.dll file is missing from the /apache2.4.9/bin directory.
PHP since version 5.0 does not need this dll. It is included with php_gettext.dll.
Before releasing Wampserver 2.5, I had "cleaned" the array $phpDllToCopy, but I had forgotten to remove - amongst others - libintl.dll.
I repost all the symbolic link you need to have in wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\
You can see this by a command dir
The result is for Apache 2.4.10 and PHP 5.5.15, but it is the same for Apache 2.4.9 and PHP 5.5.12
J:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.10\bin>dir
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icudt51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icudt51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icuin51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icuin51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icuio51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icuio51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icule51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icule51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> iculx51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/iculx51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icutest51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icutest51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icutu51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icutu51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> icuuc51.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/icuuc51.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> libeay32.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/libeay32.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> libsasl.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/libsasl.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> php.ini [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/phpForApache.ini]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> php5ts.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/php5ts.dll]
12/08/2014 <SYMLINK> ssleay32.dll [J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.15/ssleay32.dll]

Date: August 12, 2014 05:40PM

To show just the SYMLINKS in a folder from a command prompt use the command

dir /AL

Posted by: letheea (---.reverse.superonline.net)
Date: October 21, 2014 04:00PM

Hİ , I have the same problem, RiggsFolly thought that everyone is newbie exclude him ,
I'm a senior developer , million time I setup the wamp xampp lamp new build etc.
This version has a bug , this is not depend on path or smth.

I format my windows 8
I setup all the redistr C++ package,
while setup the same missing dll error occurs ,
old wamp server working without any problem .
So please do not talk as asshole,
if your setup runs without any problem , that does not mean everyone envoriment works as yours.

if wamp can not be setup the new computer with the recommended C++ package, so there is a bug !

Date: October 21, 2014 04:21PM

Hi Letheea,

I do not claim to know it all, and I am obviously not as experienced as you.

However can I check which version of Windows 8 you are using i.e. 32bit or 64bit

Can I also ask which version of WAMPServer you installed i.e. Version number and is it 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks

PS: These are the C/C++ runtime that you should have loaded before starting the WAMPServer install.

Some are there by default but some may not be depending upon your version of Windows.

It is recommended that you install ALL OF THEM See the STICKY POST Called Missing MSVCR100.DLL or MSVCR110.DLL SOLUTION

Oh and one other thing, If you are using the 64 windows and the 64bit WampServer you still need to install the 32bit runtimes as wampmanager and probably the install are still 32bit apps.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 06:08PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: letheea (---.reverse.superonline.net)
Date: October 22, 2014 11:24AM

Hİ RiggsFolly, as I told you before , I setup all the redis ( x64 x32 etc ) and needed dll.
Older wamp working without any problem but this wamp not work .
I guess that my another win8 instance work without any problem because of installing a game , game installed the dll etc. But in this case, think of that I'M a new wamp server user,
I go to the website,
and it said that pls download this package,
you download but still not work , anyway in an emergency condition I cant deal and spend time on it , I use xampp without any problem

Date: October 22, 2014 12:22PM

Letheea,

Yes it can be very easy to get confused when installing all these runtimes as most of the install exectuables have the same name i.e. vcredist_x86.exe or for the 64bit versions vcredist_x64.exe regardless of the actual version being downloaded.

As I suggest in the Sticky Doc, it is best to download and then install each individually so as not to get lost or confused. Also if you are told the version is already installed it is best to take the REPAIR option to ensure you have that runtime properly installed.

Another thing worth mentioning that you may not have noticed is that the 64bit PHP is not yet a complete 64bit port. If you look at the PHP website you will see that even they consider it to still be Experimental. So we tend to suggest that it is better to use the 32bit WAMPServer unless you are a real geek, and have a good reason for using the 64bit versions of Apache/MySQL/PHP.

Also, probably because of the current status of PHP (experimental) it is much easier to find 32bit extension for PHP as I assume many developers of PHP extensions will wait to port there extension to 64 bit until it is a complete 64bit port.

Posted by: ali123 (182.180.96.---)
Date: January 01, 2015 12:35PM

libeay32.dll libray error on wamp 2.5 please help me..

i follow all these steps but failed sad smiley

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 01, 2015 03:43PM

Hi Ali,

Please answer all these questions so we know what version of everything you are running [forum.wampserver.com]

Re: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'e:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
Posted by: EndlessEncounters (199.66.94.---)
Date: March 05, 2015 01:50PM

will update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 01:52PM by EndlessEncounters.

Date: March 05, 2015 01:56PM

same problem here
Windows 8 | 64bit
Wamp 2.5

/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll
Php error log

PLEASE CAN THIS BUG BE FIXED!

Thanks!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 05, 2015 02:55PM

Its a trivial bug, and can be fixed by doing this

Using the wampmanager menus ...

wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.9 ( click on the 2.4.9, or whatever version )

This will rebuild the SYMLINKS in the apache/bin folder and the issue goes away.

Date: March 05, 2015 03:16PM

@ RiggsFolly

Defiantly will try it right after i get off the forum smiling smiley .....

Just to clarify all of this i know for a fact its not causing any harm to WAMP or WEBSITES but it gets annoying to see hundreds of php error logs also having to delete it everyday can be a pain.

Posted by: Zunair (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: September 22, 2015 07:48PM

I didn't see a full solution here. So combining a best solution with mine.

Main issue is that we need to run WAMP as admin at least once, so it can create the symlinks.

So, right click WAMP shortcut, and run as administrator.
then, left click WAMP icon on taskbar,
Go to Apache -> Version -> click on any available version you have. (even if you have only one version)

This will build the SYMLINKS in the wamp/bin/apache/apache [version]/bin folder and the issues should go away.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
WAMP 2.5
PHP 5.5.12

Thanks!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.