MYSQL data lost after new install, Why?
Posted by: arnb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 28, 2013 06:38PM

Installed the latest 32 bit WAMP with PHP 5.4 into a new folder assuming my older 2.something version would continue to function in case there were issues with the new version. I understood the new WAMP version would not have my MYSQL tables, but why did the older WAMP version also lose the MYSQL database when all the tables are still in the old folder. The old WAMP version also started using the newer version of phpMyAdmin.

Thank You
Arn

PS Fortunately for me I was able recreate the Database, add my User and password, then after increasing the PHP max filesize import my tables from my online webhost backups. However, I was a bit concerned for a while as I depend upon my WAMP environment for development.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MYSQL data lost after new install, Why?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2013 06:56PM

Its not lost.

Its just that you shouldnt install 2 versions of wamp. you have effectively disabled the first wamp , by installing the second wamp.

The correct way is to install addons for the new versions of the components that you want, but since wamp is now vc9 you will actually need to do that the other way around ,and install the old addons into the new version.

to get your data back for now, open any version of wamp,

left click the menu>apache> service> Remove Service

left click the menu>mysql> service> Remove Service

then open the version you want to use, and repeat using "install service"

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 07:03PM by stevenmartin99.

Re: MYSQL data lost after new install, Why?
Posted by: arnb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 28, 2013 06:59PM

I appreciate the answer.
Thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.