Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.
Posted by: SuperVidz (---.dsl.stl2mo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 25, 2013 11:43PM

when i try to open phpMyadmin it says 403 Forbidden in the tab and on the blank page it says Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.

How do i fix this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2013 12:12AM by SuperVidz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.
Posted by: boj (---.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 26, 2013 03:56AM

Are you accessing from your local computer? Try that. If you can connect from localhost, leave it that way. (You don't want others on the internet to be able to modify your config).

Re: 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.
Posted by: SuperVidz (99.189.79.---)
Date: January 26, 2013 04:17AM

i am on my computer with the wamp sever on it

Posted by: SuperVidz (99.189.79.---)
Date: January 26, 2013 04:22AM

i fixed it everyone

Posted by: SaintDrew (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: January 26, 2013 10:53AM

how did you fix it? I just installed wamp and can't access anything on [localhost], getting HTTP 403's. Is it because I ran install "as administrator"?

using windows 8.

Date: January 26, 2013 11:29AM

if anyone knows how to fix this, please chime in. even when I login to windows 8 as administrator, I still get Forbidden on localhost in the browser. I didn't see anything in the apache config file to turn on access. thanks.

Date: January 26, 2013 12:15PM

ok, this thread addresses it:
[forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2013 03:39PM

Thanks for posting that link , I promptly deleted that thread- huge security issues if you follow that.

That's not the solution to your problem

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: Steve Pitts (---.9-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: January 31, 2013 11:00AM

if anyone knows how to fix this, please chime in
Having found this thread whilst digging around looking for a solution to a similar problem (I was getting 403 from Firefox 18 and IE10 when using WampServer 2.2 on Windows 8, but not from Opera 12 when trying to use localhost), I thought I'd post to say that the problem is caused by Apache being presented an IPv6 address for localhost and that the solution is to add an allow for ::1 (which is the IPv6 equivalent of 127.0.0.1).

Cheers, Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 11:00AM by Steve Pitts.

Posted by: linnea@wuinmind.com (---.los.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: January 31, 2013 07:42PM

ok, i've read the list and i can not get answer to pass 403 Forbidden message.
please guide me through this.

Posted by: Steve Pitts (---.9-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: January 31, 2013 09:55PM

linnea@wuinmind.com Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> please guide me through this.

To fix the issue with localhost under Windows 8 giving a 403 error (but working for 127.0.0.1) I did the following:

From the WampServer icon, left click, select Apache > Alias Directories > .../phpmyadmin/ > Edit alias to open the alias configuration file and then changed:

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride all
        Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

such that the Allow line became:

Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1

That will fix things for phpmyadmin and if you intend to use SQLbuddy or Webgrind then you'll need to make a similar change to their configuration files. Furthermore, if you've modified the Apache configuration (as I had) then you'll to make a similar change to any localhost Allows in httpd.conf too.

Posted by: linnea@wuinmind.com (---.los.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: January 31, 2013 10:23PM

using 7 any changes?

Posted by: DudeFace (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: February 02, 2013 11:20PM

Thank you Steve Pitts! This solution worked for me! I would imagine that a LOT of people who are new at web development are having this same problem...
I am using Windows Vista 64bit, and I could not get phpMyAdmin to work in 4 of the 5 browsers I tried it in.

Posted by: thegeolance (121.54.45.---)
Date: February 03, 2013 09:09AM

I tried the fix, but it would only work for sqlbuddy and webgrind, not on phpmyadmin. I have Windows 7.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 04, 2013 12:32PM

The,

Did you cahnge the password on the root userid in mysql already?

Posted by: rocklander (---.xdsl.xnet.co.nz)
Date: February 06, 2013 11:50AM

I'm hitting this issue too. if I use the local client real hostname it fails. 'localhost' and 127.0.0.1 are fine.
if I try the hostname or it's IP address I get the forbidden message above.
I'm running a DNS server on the same node (it's win XP) and whilst I can surf other pages via the host name (so DNS is resolving, nslookup also proves this to be working) the issue is consistent if I'm connecting via the node itself, or a remote node.

tried a lot of changes in various places and none have worked.
have not applied the IP6 change as the XP machine doesn't have it ... but have amended the allow/deny line(s) in phpmyadmin.conf.. (tried "allow all", allow IP address, allow subnet ...no joy)

also.. if I was to allow subnet, should I be putting the mask in as 255.255.255.0 notation, or /24?

thanks in advance

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 06, 2013 01:21PM

I think you should be using 3 of the 4 quartets

i.e. 192.168.1
for example

Posted by: rocklander (163.7.4.---)
Date: February 06, 2013 09:36PM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you should be using 3 of the 4 quartets
>
> i.e. 192.168.1
> for example

hmmm well that doesn't change my initial problem, and also according to one site (I can't seem to find it now.. am on my work computer rather than home) the suggestion is to use a "/" netmask separator... but it doesn't clarify the notation.
the text was along the lines of :
"192.168.0.0/netmask"
but not how netmask should be applied (/255.255.255.0 vs /24)...

regardless.. am happy to mess round with that syntax later on.. getting the phpmyadmin to work on the hostname rather than loopback is really the important bit for me cos otherwise the netmask discussion is purely academic.

Posted by: rocklander (---.xdsl.xnet.co.nz)
Date: February 09, 2013 09:54PM

bump

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: February 09, 2013 09:56PM

Can you explain the issue better please

what cant you access

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.