WampServer and WordPress
Posted by: mintertweed (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 07, 2013 06:53PM

I installed WampServer for Windows XP, Service Pack 3 32-bit and everything worked fine. I then installed the most recent WordPress and everything was still working. I had to restart my computer this morning and when I launched WampServer, the logo stays orange and my localhost is not working. It says it is online and I told WampServer to Start All Services and eventually I even told it to Restart All Services, but the logo stays orange after the initial reboot. I have never had this issue before. Hopefully, someone can help me with this. Thank you in advance!

Edit #1: I just uninstalled it and reinstalled and it is still giving me the same error when I try to put the WampServer online:

Could not execute menu item (internal error)
[Exception] Could not perform service action:
The service has not been started

I have no clue what this means. Thanks again in advance!

Edit #2: I figured out what the error was for: the web server. So, knowing this, I did a nifty Google search and found a thread on here that fixed my problem: [forum.wampserver.com]. I was running Skype, which apparently interferes with WampServer running properly. Why is that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2013 07:34PM by mintertweed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer and WordPress
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 07, 2013 09:12PM

All web servers by default run on port 80, because browsers are written to expect it by default.

Skype also runs on port 80 as it makes traversing corporate firewalls easier, however it does not have to.

Configure skype so it does not try to use port 80 as follows:-

Skype -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced Settings -> Connection

Now UNCHECK the checkbox that says' Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections'

This will stop skype trying to use port 80 but will not damage skypes functionality. It will therefore not get in the way of your Apache web server ever again.

Re: WampServer and WordPress
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2013 02:06AM

If want to show off your Wordpress worldwide, here is the answer:

[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.